did a cat the vet couldnt do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did a cat the vet couldnt do

i got a phone call from a woman last week my friend who owns a very busy shop recommended me to her she says im the cat whisperer i dont know about that but i do love felines,i guess she took her cat to the vet and the vet shaved some matts out but wouldnt finish the cat,the lady didnt want cat sedated as its old so,she went to my friends shop whos right next door to the vet,thats how my name got dropped she call me,i told her i would give it a try,but cant promise her anything,well cat gets here,hes fine,loved the bath,only thing he didnt like which most cats dont his hind end done,so i think i have a new costumor for life,and kitty was so grateful to be cleaned,he was filthy
    p.s just want to add,to anyone starting up new,go intoduce yourself to the local groomers,most will give you there overflow,but sadly some dont even want to be friendly

My hats off to you. I'm the opposite. I get bitten by cats that never bite anyone! The reason I won't groom them anymore.

Comment

I know how that is... I met a couple groomers around the Salt Lake Valley and if they couldn't recruit me to work for them, they just completely snubbed me. They just don't like competition.
      Becky

Comment

Also great job.
        Becky

Comment

Great job on that kitty!!! You do have the touch...

I just started grooming school but before I did that, I went around to a bunch of groomers in my area. I asked if them groomed cats and if they did, did they have a growing clientele. Most of them said that they would groom cats, but that they really didn't like to. However they said that in our area, cat grooming is growing like crazy and that there is growing demand.

So I am hoping once I am out of school and I have a year at least under my belt, I would like to specialize in cat grooming.

Comment

Working...
          X