Who still "floats the coat"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who still "floats the coat"?

I started doing this, because the faucets in homes often can't penetrate cat coats. Does anyone else float the coats of long-haired cats? It feels old-fashioned, ha ha.

Wasn't sure what you meant. How do you keep that cat sitting there?

Comment

Originally posted by 123Linda View Post
      Wasn't sure what you meant. How do you keep that cat sitting there?
      Floating the coat is just filling the sink so that the coat floats in the water, instead of just using the faucet.
      Bambi sits quietly sometimes. She complains a lot. Every so often she will try to walk out of the sink.

Comment

No I don't use that method unless I have one of those soaker tubs with the aeration thing from years ago.

Comment

The only time I've seen it done was on show cats where they wanted to use a very small amount of product and dilute it into a lot of water in order to get some benefits while not weight down the coat of a long, full coated cat (like a Persian).

Comment

Originally posted by lyttleravyn View Post
            The only time I've seen it done was on show cats where they wanted to use a very small amount of product and dilute it into a lot of water in order to get some benefits while not weight down the coat of a long, full coated cat (like a Persian).
            Interesting! A client who was relaying to me the breeder's instructions told me to float the coat to make sure all shampoo was washed away. I was supposed to look for bubbles in the water. This is home grooming, without a spray nozzle.Her cat's breeder shows internationally. I didn't like doing it because it felt like it took too long, but now I feel it helps to really make sure the coat is 100% wet. But I work with kitchen sinks, where water pressure is sometimes low. In a salon, the conditions are different.

Comment

For a cat what water temperature?

Comment

Originally posted by Hellyion View Post
                For a cat what water temperature?
                Good question, I don't do cats.

Comment

Just the usual comfortable temperature. Not hot, not cold. I was in a place yesterday where the sink drained slowly. omg. Draining a full sink too so long I was staring into space waiting and waiting and waiting. Weird thing about nyc apartments, even "rich" ones, is that basic plumbing doesn't always work.

Comment

Working...
                  X