Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cat grooming like a bad date with a pushy guy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat grooming like a bad date with a pushy guy?

I once again groomed the little Persian who bit me. Noticed she is "hand shy". If I move my hand towards her head, she ducks away. Grooming went much better, just focused on getting it done. Poor creature is truly scared of grooming.
    I wonder if sweet-talking and babying a scared cat is actually destructive.
    Women will know what I mean. Have you ever been in a date that goes bad? You realize you don't like or trust the guy, or you just aren't feeling well, so you want to go away as soon as you can? Yet the guy keeps trying, puts his hands on you, talks to you like you're his girlfriend-- and you want even more strongly to get away until you feel almost desperate?
    I hope I am not that guy for cats, but fear that I sometimes am.
    Know what I mean?

Those kind of guys are risking a black eye!

I know what you mean but you have a task to do and it is a task that must get done and it helps the animal. But I have taken a dog like that and the first appt all we did was brush, next appt brush and bath, and next time styling. Progressively longer appts and now is a little timid but at ease overall.

Comment

I know those types of guys. I a! Lucky enough to have never experience them myself as I am be very intimidating to most guys as I have a very strong type-A personality. I have had to step in with some "pushy" guys that were trying to take advantage of some girlfriends while we were out.

That's a great analogy to use to understand the cats perception. Just like with a women, ask and get permission to move forward or you just might get scratched! Or but in your case, lol. 😉 I hope that healed well.
      It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
      Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie88 View Post
        Those kind of guys are risking a black eye!

I know what you mean but you have a task to do and it is a task that must get done and it helps the animal. But I have taken a dog like that and the first appt all we did was brush, next appt brush and bath, and next time styling. Progressively longer appts and now is a little timid but at ease overall.
        LOL

Comment

Wow Emma I don't have much in the way of words of wisdom in this exact case. A hand shy cat, if that is from abuse so sad. I have helped dogs get over that with me but that doesn't mean every person the dog comes in contact with. A cat and it is not your cat caring for it all the time at home, wow what a challenge.

Comment

Emma how do you deal with bites and what treatment do you get if they puncture skin?

Comment

Originally posted by Moochie View Post
              Emma how do you deal with bites and what treatment do you get if they puncture skin?
              I have a video about that heh heh.
              https://youtu.be/whNAsDcPIvs

Comment

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Emma123 View Post
                  I have a video about that heh heh.
                  https://youtu.be/whNAsDcPIvs
                  Missed that, good job.

Comment

Working...
                  X