Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are cat groomers paid the same as dog groomers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are cat groomers paid the same as dog groomers?

If so I sure see lots of evidence to the opposite. I saw a job @ 60% and one @ 45% and 2 around $18 to $20 an hour. What gives?

Differwnt shops compensate employees differently. Plus things like experience and credentials can play a part in negotiating wages. In my experience though it is the same no matter what for dog/cat grooming. The varible here is the employer and what they are willing to pay.
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

Comment

If on commission, cats are higher priced. Which means even if they are o. The same percentage the cat groomer makes more.

A CAT GROOMER SHOULD make more. It's a special skill, and much more.dangerous.
      <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

I charge more than most dog groomers. I do house call cat grooming.

Comment

I've started doing a few cats again (nobody scream at me, I'm very experienced with cats) and charge way more than I do for dogs, so it would make sense that employee cats groomers are paid more.

Comment

I always charged more for cats than dogs.
            Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
            "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

Dont do cats anymore but when I did, I always charged more for a cat.
              Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Originally posted by Particentral View Post
                If on commission, cats are higher priced. Which means even if they are o. The same percentage the cat groomer makes more.

A CAT GROOMER SHOULD make more. It's a special skill, and much more.dangerous.
                Good point! We charge more for cat grooming too so even though the commission rate is the same, you technically will make more, unless you like to groom a lot of big and hairy dogs!
                It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
                Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I know Danelle said cat grooming is hard for 8 hours and they need to make more and work a little less hours, just another aspect of the special nature of cat grooming.

Comment

Working...
                  X