Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How is the best way to learn to groom cats now

Any suggestions?

Check out the National Cat Groomers Institute, they have lots of different resources (books, DVDs, online courses, private training with Certifiers, etc.). The main program is at nationalcatgroomers.com/syllabus and they have a new online conference with seminars, cat grooming demos, live Q&As and more at nationalcatgroomers.com/online-conference (early bird pricing ends July 9th).

Comment

Just to see different ways of handling cats, I like to watch youtube videos. Handling the cat is 90% of cat grooming, since there aren't many styles you need to learn.
      Also, I suggest investing in a snap-on elizabethan collar (e-collar). Wear long sleeves. If you protect your skin, you will feel more relaxed as you learn to groom kitties. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by lyttleravyn View Post
        Check out the National Cat Groomers Institute, they have lots of different resources (books, DVDs, online courses, private training with Certifiers, etc.). The main program is at nationalcatgroomers.com/syllabus and they have a new online conference with seminars, cat grooming demos, live Q&As and more at nationalcatgroomers.com/online-conference (early bird pricing ends July 9th).

Comment

Thanks I am happy to see the National Groomers and following up with them.

Comment

It helped me so much.

Comment

I finally have an Instagram. You can get a sense of one way to groom cats by looking at it.
              Look for spiffykittycatgrooming.
              Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by Emma123 View Post
                I finally have an Instagram. You can get a sense of one way to groom cats by looking at it.
                Look for spiffykittycatgrooming.
                Enjoy!

Comment

I am posting videos every day on my YouTube channel. They are not typical cat grooming videos, in that I am not filming a cat grooming. As there are so many videos on that topic, and as the setting (salon, home, clinic, van), as well as the goals, makes such a difference in useful techniques, I decided to focus on other aspects of cat grooming. I even read aloud from a wonderful, classic English 1960's book about cats by two veterinarians. They knew more than we do now, in some ways!
                  Search for Spiffy Kitty House Call Cat Grooming on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Emma123 View Post
                    I am posting videos every day on my YouTube channel. They are not typical cat grooming videos, in that I am not filming a cat grooming. As there are so many videos on that topic, and as the setting (salon, home, clinic, van), as well as the goals, makes such a difference in useful techniques, I decided to focus on other aspects of cat grooming. I even read aloud from a wonderful, classic English 1960's book about cats by two veterinarians. They knew more than we do now, in some ways!
                    Search for Spiffy Kitty House Call Cat Grooming on YouTube.
                    Emma can you some links here too?

Comment

My videos are getting much better. Doing daily videos helps. Let me know what you think, and if you want a video about any aspect of doing house call cat grooming in NYC, tell me.

Hot off the press . . .
                      https://youtu.be/gLPTe8YcFDg

Comment

Comment

Maybe someday you can do one of the virtual trade shows.

I think a class on how to do housecall would capture lots of attention. Starting a biz type info.

Comment

Originally posted by violet2 View Post
                            Maybe someday you can do one of the virtual trade shows.

I think a class on how to do housecall would capture lots of attention. Starting a biz type info.
                            That would be fun.

Comment

Working...
                            X