My "Aaww" Moment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My "Aaww" Moment

Today I had a new client with a black cat that was very matted on the back.
    At first the cat was a little nervous about the clippers, but as soon I started getting the little mats off and started tackling the big mat on his back, he put his paws up on my shoulders and gave me a big head butt hug across my cheeks. He felt so happy that I was getting those mats off. What a total sweety.

Awww! It's so wonderful when pets really seem to appreciate what you're doing for them.

Comment

The little buggers can make your heart melt when they do that don't they!!
      SheilaB from SC

Comment

the best perks of this career.

These moments just melt my heart. That kitty was really grateful for your help and obviously trusted you. What a huge compliment to you!!! Cats are so awesome. Thanks for sharing another wonderful cat grooming experience.

Stacey

Comment

Cats head butt to put their scent on you, he said Your My Groomer Now! lol
          I was such a dorky kid I did a science project in junior high called Cat Language. I followed our cats around the house with a tape recorder diciffering their different meows lol.

Comment

Poodlefluff, I don't think you were a dorky kid. Sounds like you're very intuitive and understood early on that cats have a wide vocabulary that's incredibly interesting. But I bet the cats thought you were nuts!!! LOL!!

Stacey

Comment

Seleste I thought cats think that ALL people are nuts, and that is why they like watching us, for the entertainment value...lol
              SheilaB from SC

Comment

You gotta love that. I always do that to a matted dog or cat, u take the first swipe down the back and remove the matt, I turn off the clippers and scatch the area and pet it, man, they love that. The rest of the groom always goes well. Cats are smarter than dogs btw.

Comment

Taffy...

Yeah, my maine coon (Taffy) screams the whole time she is in the tub (but doesnt try to move, just sits there) gets pissed at me for getting her wet, then 20 minutes later i get rubs (wet ones, she only gets towel dried) and purrs and she struts about the house. I bet she is saying to the world "im pretty! I dont stink!". I always get a thank you eventually, after the "im all wet because of you" looks. lol. Cats are great...

Comment

sheilab, you're absolutely correct!!! LOL!!!

Kim, pretty dangerous saying that about a cat being smarter than a dog in this dog-loving community, but you're right on, too!! tee-hee Not to be mean or insulting to dogs, but as the saying goes... "dogs have masters, cats have staff".

Taffy, aren't cats so funny! They might strongly dislike some or all of the grooming, but they sure are proud of themselves when it's over. I feel they're completely entitled to complain and shoot those looks. I do my best to take them seriously and be respectful, but sometimes it's hard not to laugh when they're so idignant.

Comment

Working...
                    X