agriculture license

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• agriculture license

I just found out I will need a license from the agriculture dept. to do business.
    How important is this???

Where are you located? I've never heard of such a requirement here...

Comment

What area do you live in?

Comment

Can't help you. I never heard of such a thing.
        If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

Here in Connecticut, that is who your business license is through- The Department of Agriculture.
          don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Ag. Dept.

I suppose each state has different requirements for opperating a grooming shop. Seems like the agriculture department would be a logical area of the government to handle groom shops though. I had never heard of that before. I have friends who deal with our agriculture dept. and they told me that the state agriculture departments are generally pretty nice to deal with.

Comment

In ct, it is very important. it is the department which regulates all grooming shops, kennels and vets. they will come out and inspect your vehicle/shop and you will not be allowed to be open for businesss until you do so. the fines are outrageous if you are not in compliance. they are also supposed to yearly inspect you, but have found that if they feel you are clean it is not as frequent.
              Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
              "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

Each state has different requirements. My first impression is that you might be in Colorado, which has groomer licensing through the AG dept. Georgia, also requires licensing, again through the ag dept. Ct, as some have already state, also requires that.

Most states simply require a business license, some require permits from the ag dept. You just have to check it out. Here in AZ, some cities require grooming shops to have an "Environtmental Permit" some do not.

You just have to check with local gov. to make sure you have all of your permits or licenses.

Comment

HUH??? i am in an unicorperated area in california..not considered a "city"(no cops, city hall, mayor,etc.). i didn;t need to get a business license, just a ficticious business name. I never heard of an agriculture license???

Comment

In Illinois you have to have a Dept. of Ag. license if you operate a kennel, or groom in a kennel situation. They come once a year and inspect us. If you're keeping things clean, it's no big deal.

Keep in mind, a Dept of Ag license isn't really about grooming. It's about animal husbandry. Keeping things clean, providing each animal with food and water (where applicable), proper housing, proper ventilation. That sort of thing. It's intended to ensure humane living conditions and prevent the spread of communicable diseases.

Not every state requires it for grooming shops. It's probably more common for them to require one to operate a kennel.

Comment

Wow I'm glad I'm in Washington I had to go through enough hoops because I opened a shop in my home.
                      "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
                      Nancy

Comment

I just posted a message to stephen. Not sure if I sent it correctly, I just signed up. My question is what does the state say about water elimanation from mobile vans in Illinois.

Comment

Working...
                        X