This is the first.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the first.....

This is the first time a customer has come to pick up her dog and not recognize him. He was so relaxed in my chair that he wasn't even excited to see her. He's almost one and this was his first hair cut.
    Attached Files

Boy I'll bet that she felt rejected. I think I would cry if one of mine reacted that way
    "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
    Nancy

Comment

You did a terrific job! What a makeover!!! He looks like he has his dignity back in the "after" pic.

Stacey

Comment

Where are you in Wisconsin Shell?

Comment

Janesville (1/2 hour south of Madison)

Comment

maybe she was mad at her owner for letting her get that bad lol
            If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I love it when I hear "That's not really my dog, is it? He's so gorgeous. That can't be my dog."

It really gives you a boost, doesn't it?

Comment

Nice Work!

You did a great job! What a difference. I knew a groomer once who timmed a young silver poodle. She removed all the black puppy fur and the owners had no idea that their dog was actually silver underneath. You can imagine their surprise!

Comment

I had to pop back on the picture because the first time I clicked on it I only saw the before shot. I was thinking, "I hope that's not his finished look"! lol You did an awesome job on him he doesn't even look like the same dog! I bet you have a life time customer there!
                  SheilaB from SC

Comment

Helly, it does give you a boost. I love it when you can really see how happy the owner is and they express it.

diamienono - lol, I had the same thought. He was a completely different dog as soon as the hair in front of his eyes was gone and he could see.

Wisconsin - where in Wisconsin are you? I can't believe this mild winter, but I am liking it. I wasn't ready for snow and had spring fever before the leaves fell.

plush - I would cry, too. But, I know none of mine would react that way. I can't even go outside for two minutes and come back in without a welcome back like I've been gone for years.

Thank you, seleste. I can see my grooming improving more and more everyday and I can honestly contribute that to the advice on this board and the critiquing I have received of pictures that I have posted.

Comment

Shell,

I'm in Milwaukee and loving the mild winter myself. In the beginning of December we had a snow day, now it's so warm buds are popping on the trees. Go figure...that's Wisconsin for you!!

I failed to mention what a nice grooming job you did. Keep posting, I love all the pictures. I never take them myself but hope to start in the near future.

Comment

Shelia, I had the same thought. I couldn't believe that was the finished dog and then all of a sudden the other one popped up and I thought, "Now that is a good job!"

Good going Shell.
                        "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                        Diane

Comment

How'd u do that? I thought the same thing. Only one picture, didn't look that good..lol Great job on the makeover. WOW!

Comment

Its not surprising that the owner didn't recognize her own dog. It doesn't look like the same dog at all. Hopefully, she will have that beautiful dog groomed regularly now that she's seen how gorgeous it is.
                            don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

great job I hope the owner keeps it up now!

Comment

Working...
                              X