i want to be a dog groomer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i want to be a dog groomer

hi i am gunna go to a dog grooming school in the summer in ct but i need grooming supplys? how do i get it where its cheap?

heather

Where are you from. Because Pet Smart usually is pretty resonable. I loooooooove rens pets, they have everything. When I first started I bought majority of my groom stuff at Walmart. They are pretty cheap but they sell all the good brands and I actually still have some of my brushes from then so quality is good as well. Cant go wrong there.

Comment

We bought our stuff at the school. They had a kit with all we needed including the tool box, It cost around $700.00 i think. I buy most stuff at Pet Edge or at shows. Good Luck.
      What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

pet edge or ryans pet supply you can google the website you'll get better quality equipment that will last longer

Comment

petedge.com - thats where i get a lot of my supplies for my salon. Also, if youre new at grooming - check out some classifieds on grooming sites, you can find great stuff that groomers are getting rid of pretty cheap it can save you some money!

Comment

pet edge and trade shows. good luck in school. a piece of advice. don't jump into a mobile unit after school. apprentice with someone for at least 6 months. it will be worth the wait.
            Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
            "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

What school are you going to in CT? I am going to the CT. School of Dog Grooming in North Haven and you purchase the kit through them.

Comment

dog grooming

i am go to North Haven we are checking it out in the summer me and my family hopefully get into it. is there an applaction fee or that if there is how much please get back to me thanks?

heather

Comment

Someone recommended purchasing from Petsmart. I highly recommend NOT going through them, only because you'll be paying the RETAIL price, and that's a rip. Go to:

If you scroll down to the left, you'll see The Shampoo Lady, there's also www.petedge.com and Ryan's pet supplies, there is www.dog.com

All of these places are WAAAY cheaper than Petsmart, they are supposedly "wholesale," but I think they are the middle man between you and the original seller/s---but still cheaper than the full-on retail price.

Tammy in Utah
                  PS: No offense to the Petsmart recommender!
                  Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

but

Watch those handling and shipping fees.
                    If your only buying a little, local is the way to go.
                    If a couple hundred dollars, order on line for sure.
                    Try to get it all at one place.

Comment

PetEdge

I use petedge. They are reasonable with pricing, ship quickly and have a wide variety of quality products! I also go to dog shows and occasionally pick up something here. dont cheat your self. If it is cheap and breaks apart what good is it? If you buy something that is a little on the pricier side (most of the time) it will last longer (for the most part they charge for the quality you get....you get what u pay for!).

Comment

I find I can get some good deals on eBay, but you really have to shop and watch your shipping costs! I get most of my blades and cleaners. Otherwise, I go through Pet Edge.

Comment

hi

Originally posted by Gracie Lou View Post
                          What school are you going to in CT? I am going to the CT. School of Dog Grooming in North Haven and you purchase the kit through them.
                          the kit is so much money now its like 1,000 that is out rages so how do i get a Student loan

Comment

Get a list of their kit. Then go to one of the recommeded sites and order your own, just don't go too cheep. I am also in grooming school and as a beginner I have dropped everything except the shears so far. If it is too cheep I think you will not be able to use it. Just a thought............ My tool kit was 700.00 at first I thought that was crazy, then I did the online ordering thing my self and found out I was saving so little by doing it my self and 700.00 was just about spot on for what we recieved. Maybe going cheeper, as I look at it now, I would be in trouble and purchasing new stuff already to replace things.

Comment

WAAAY more expensive

Originally posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post
                              Someone recommended purchasing from Petsmart. I highly recommend NOT going through them, only because you'll be paying the RETAIL price, and that's a rip.
                              NO KIDDING! And cheap cheesy stuff that doesn't work! I even refer customers to those sites when they want to purchase grooming supplies for grooming at home.

Comment

Working...
                              X