explain commission please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• explain commission please

this is probably a real silly question but if someone is going to hire you and they tell you you'll get 50% commission how does that work. Does it mean for example: if I groom 3 dogs that day and they were each $30 would I only make $45 from the total $90?

yes thats how it works 50% of the total so if its a 100 day you made 50.00

Comment

um...yes i believe that is how it works. 50 percent is half of the groom price. so if you groomed 3 dogs at 30 dollars each you make 15 dollars off each dog.
      Hound

Comment

that is exactally how working on commision worked for me. Say I groomed 8 dog and each was $10 my total sales would be $80 and I would "make" $40.

I would never work for such prices but it sure made the math eaiser :-)

Comment

If your being paid 50% you get half of everything you groom.

Comment

Yes, if its 50/50 you earn 50% of the total owners price. Minus taxes..etc

Comment

Yes, that is half.

Comment

Originally posted by Dede View Post
                would I only make $45 from the total $90?
                Only make??? Hello the shop is "only" making $45 also, but they have to pay rent, phone, shampoo, employees, elect, water, insurance...ect. suggest you rethink how you look at things or you won't last in this business.

Comment

everyone for responding so quickly. I can now say I am 100 % sure what commission is. I think before I was only 50 % sure and 5 months ago I was more like 25 % sure what it meant. 50 years ago minus 20 years divided by 10 years and I was about 0 % sure what it meant. (hee,hee) Seriously, for answering my question.

Comment

re:commission

if you make 50% comm. and the groom price is $40 per dog and you do 4 dogs, multiply $40 by the 4 grooms(40x4=$160) then divide $160 by 2(160\2=80) your pay is $80.

Comment

Originally posted by Dede View Post
                      everyone for responding so quickly. I can now say I am 100 % sure what commission is. I think before I was only 50 % sure and 5 months ago I was more like 25 % sure what it meant. 50 years ago minus 20 years divided by 10 years and I was about 0 % sure what it meant. (hee,hee) Seriously, for answering my question.
                      LOL!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X