I am getting so bold!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am getting so bold!!

Yes I am! I was with hubby today and we were in the parking lot of the hardware store and my hubby noticed the woman parked next to us had a Yorkie (we are owned by 2), he said you should give her your card...well..
    I waled up to the car and smiled, she rolled down the window and I gushed about her dog, explained we had two (her yes kind of lit up and she gave us the up and down glare, of how can YOU afford those? We were painting in shop and looked like trash!).
    I gave her my card and she explained they drive 1 hour and 45 mins to their groomer and they explained she is EXCLUSIVE...but I told her for convenience sake she could drop in for a bath...she was a bit snobby and said she would come by and see if our facilities would suit her...but still she was quite positive about it. Lol
    I just have to laugh at how bold I am getting, I would never have done anything like that before but funny how the necessity of paying rent is such a nice PUSH! lol

Good for you! I am owned by two yorkies also. All of my yorky customers seem to like the fact that their groomer owns yorkies. I think they feel like their little one will get special attention. Actually, they are right! I do love the yorkies.

Comment

Wow, I could never do that! You are bold! Especially after hearing the lady talk like that I would be even more hesitant to do it, lol.
      Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Good for you for taking the initiative! Maybe you will get lucky and this lady WON'T show up...lol..

Last friday I dropped my daughter at daycare and noticed a Bermise Mt mix and a Husky mix in the back of a car. They looked like nice dogs so I stuck my card in her window. I have never done this before and figured "what the hay"! Well, I finished my rounds w/dropping my other 2 kids at school, get to work and guess who is there. Yup, those two dogs. They already had an appt w/me. I felt kinda silly, but when the owner came for pick up she thought it was funny and that I did it to remind her of her appt....hehe...like I am going to go around stalking my customers and leave reminders in their cars.
        SheilaB from SC

Comment

Originally posted by sheilabgroomer View Post
          Good for you for taking the initiative! Maybe you will get lucky and this lady WON'T show up...lol..

Last friday I dropped my daughter at daycare and noticed a Bermise Mt mix and a Husky mix in the back of a car. They looked like nice dogs so I stuck my card in her window. I have never done this before and figured "what the hay"! Well, I finished my rounds w/dropping my other 2 kids at school, get to work and guess who is there. Yup, those two dogs. They already had an appt w/me. I felt kinda silly, but when the owner came for pick up she thought it was funny and that I did it to remind her of her appt....hehe...like I am going to go around stalking my customers and leave reminders in their cars.
          LOL that's hillarious...

That first lady sounds like you really don't need her. Being snobby to you. Her statement made me think that's there's only 1 good groomer around. jeez...
          Becky

Comment

Working...
          X