I might be getting a job!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I might be getting a job!

I was recently fired from my Data Entry job... So I've been looking at animal jobs I can do. I need a break from paper and want to get back on track (track being - work, save $$$ go to grooming school, groom!)
    I sent in a E-application to a large retail pet store and they called me back! I had an interview on monday, took a drug test on tuesday and should hear back by friday.
    Unfortunately the job wont be in the grooming department (there never seem to be any openings!) but If i get the job, I'll be one step closer to my career path. oh, the job is just a general "clean cages, feed pets, talk to customers" job. The store is about a 30-45 minute drive from home, so my parents are complaining already that I wont make enough to "cover the cost of the car, gas, insurance just to get there and back" But I think they'll change their tune if I get it, cuz I'll Be SO HAPPY! (my last job sucked the joy out of my life).

send some "good job" vibes my way ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ya for you! I hope you do get it!
    I took over ayear to decided and leanr as much as I could on my own, save money and make a plan before i went to grooming school. And i never regretted it, all the hard work, time, sacrifice and money made me appriciate how much I really was grateful that I finally got to be a groomer.

It will be worht it and really being happy at your job is so much better then money, most days...

Comment

That is so encouraging!!! Once the management sees what a hard worker you are, I bet they will be willing to give you shot. Plus, with the cage cleaning etc...you will get the chance to talk to the groomers about the good, the bad and the ugly part of grooming!

Comment

Congratulations! There are so many opportunities in the pet industry. You may also find that many business skills or experiences that you aquired in your previous work can translate over and be of use in pet industry work and help you to advance. Best of luck and much success!

Comment

"Good job" vibes being sent from IL! Good luck and keep us posted!
          Sheri

Comment

Congrats on your "almost" job. hehe I would think though it is a sure thing since you had a drug test and all.

Good luck in your new career.
            "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
            Diane

Comment

Edited.
              Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-25-07, 03:44 PM.

Comment

YAY!!!!

I got the JOB! I had my first day of training today. It went really well, but by the end of the 8 hour day my feet were killing me! That's what I get from going from a sedentary job to on me feet ALL DAY! But soon I'll be used to it (and maybe drop some pounds with all the [I]physical work[/I] I'll be doing). It's less money, but the people and FUTURE look so much brighter from here.
                I'm SOOO excited!

I have to wear black or brown shoes, and the ones I have aren't quite up to the task.
                [B]What kind of shoes would you recomend? [/B]
                My mom says nursing shoes are extremely comphoy for being on her feet all day. [B]Or is there an insole that works well?[/B]
                I've used the "gel insoles" but they don't stay still and scrunch up on my toes.

thanks for all your kind wishes! I'll do my best!

Comment

Edited.
                  Last edited by pamperedpups; 02-25-07, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Crocs Baby! :-)

Originally posted by artemisblue View Post
                    I got the JOB! I had my first day of training today. It went really well, but by the end of the 8 hour day my feet were killing me! That's what I get from going from a sedentary job to on me feet ALL DAY! But soon I'll be used to it (and maybe drop some pounds with all the [I]physical work[/I] I'll be doing). It's less money, but the people and FUTURE look so much brighter from here.
                    I'm SOOO excited!

I have to wear black or brown shoes, and the ones I have aren't quite up to the task.
                    [B]What kind of shoes would you recomend? [/B]
                    My mom says nursing shoes are extremely comphoy for being on her feet all day. [B]Or is there an insole that works well?[/B]
                    I've used the "gel insoles" but they don't stay still and scrunch up on my toes.

thanks for all your kind wishes! I'll do my best!
                    Definitely go w/Crocs!! I love mine, and was reminded why on Friday when I wore my tennis shoes and slipped and hit the kennel floor (OUCH!). If you get the Pro Style your feet will stay dry and comfy during the day. Good luck and let us know how things are going for you.
                    You can easily drop weight when you are doing this kind of work!! I hear that all the time from new employees. Do your self a favor and drink lots of water, eat small healthy snacks, and stay away from a heavy lunch. This will help you keep your energy level up. Don't forget to sit down and take a breather when you can. Before you know it you will breeze through a 8 or 10 hr day and have to buy a belt for your pants!!! This is also a great career to breath the life back into you after your previous one sucked it out!!! hehe
                    SheilaB from SC

Comment

Working...
                    X