Silent room design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silent room design

What size do you suggest for one of these?

Thanks for posting here. As you can see from the floor plan module we don't normally have one in smaller shops, but you can. If you do, you might want to do more with it other than providing a silent room for the screamers, and usually we show them in grooming depts within say a boutique with retail shoppers. Screamers may be first time puppies, but some groomers use them double time, for the comfort of cats separated from dogs and well those noisy cats. Many times we hear from owners that they love having a silent room, a tiny one, just for scared puppies and where they have shared walls in a strip center. However, we hear of them being used for visiting pet masseuses. They only need be large enough for a grooming table you can walk around.

Comment

I am doing the double duty, combination cattery/silent room. Love it. My husband is checking out the wall insulation for noise.

Comment

I am supposedly going to get 2 mp3 files from a groomer who built one. She recorded herself "screaming" with the room door open, and then closed the door and screamed again. She says it worked great.
        Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

Does it only entail insulating he adjoining wall to another business in a strip mall? I'm looking to move, but having adjoining neighbor business concerns me. The separate room exists in the shop already, but I'm wondering what the expense is?

Comment

Most of the time all 4 walls are insulated where one is a shared wall with another tenant. It's best not to build the room on a shared wall at all if possible. https://www.houselogic.com/remodel/r...roofing-walls/

Comment

Very helpful, we were not sure of all the materials we would need, so there can really be a truly silent room, and others pretty silent. Interesting.

Comment

I seriously want one of these rooms! But no room for the room.

Comment

I do too, a luxury I suppose. But if I understand correctly it is for grooming, but there are also sound CLOSETS I think for machinery, right?

Comment

I think being mobile is nice not having to need a silent room, but really, I had a screaming puppy once that people could hear through the van and neighbor knocked on door and checked up on me!

Comment

Where is the best place in a 900 sq ft space, after allocating 300 to front counter and special retail and inspection table?

Comment

OK thanks for the call. We will go with 10 by 10 and make it both a cattery and silent room.

Comment

Working...
                        X