Average grooming sales growth per year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Average grooming sales growth per year

How much should we show for grooming sales growth annually?

As we often state banks (if you are going to be getting a business loan) look for 10% growth a year especially during the growing years of a young business. Some used to say 10% to 15%, either is fine, but most groomers have a limit in clientele in mind. However you are doing a 5 year picture, and I would show it for the 5 years they are going to be looking at because it is simply pretty standard that business sales should increase every year to them. Remember, price increases help accomplish this, it is not always the number of your client base has to grow by 10%.

Comment

So true I talked with SCORE and they agree. 10 to 15.

Comment

I did 12% in the middle and agree they wanted to see at least 10%, but I was under promising in my projections too, so it worked great. You will only be judged poorly if you put unreasonable amounts like 25% and the likes. If that happens, great. I certainly learned that bankers don't understand grooming.

Comment

We've been open quite some years now and realistically we see about 5% based a lot on price increases.

Comment

TX for the help.

Comment

We showed 15% the first 5 years.

Comment

A groomer should see about 50% in the first year if starting new and marketing well, but I understand you have to be conservative in finance.

Comment

I am learning a lot reading these business plan posts, keep them coming.

Comment

We're showing 10% and that is recommended minimum by our bank too.

Comment

OK so 10% is normal and acceptable it seems. In our case we are adding new income from renting space in the strip mall once we buy the mall.

Comment

Originally posted by 10muddypaws View Post
                        OK so 10% is normal and acceptable it seems. In our case we are adding new income from renting space in the strip mall once we buy the mall.
                        Yes your purchase of the building where you also becomes landlords is a big plus, and you can add that income into our spreadsheet format. Call me for exact details at Grooming Business in a Box 800-556-0131 how to do that as needed.
                        Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

Working...
                        X