Monthly Utilities??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monthly Utilities??

I'm starting my business plan and I'm not sure how to estimate my monthly utilities. Is there a different rate for commercial buildings? Between being in a drought and having fines for to much water usage and having $400 electric bills during the summer in my house, I'm hoping a commercial location will be different?? Any insight will be great!

The cost is going to vary a great deal depending upon where you live. When I lived in CA the cost was triple compared to where I live now. Commercial locations probably don't get any cheaper rates. Our small house ran about $300 a month in CA. As you know grooming uses a lot of electricity from dryers and AC in hot areas. You sound like a small shop so I would say at least $300 a month if you are on West Coast, since you mention drought and fires.

Comment

Probably $400 or so is fine if you are grooming quite a few pets and in a costly area. But it is better to judge it higher than lower and be happy with a smaller bill. Rates are usually same for business or home, usually.

Comment

I know where I am the utilities run about $250 a month.

Comment

It also doesn't hurt to overestimate rather than to underestimate.

Comment

I just got my bill and it is $390 with A/C this time of year.

Comment

For my plan I asked another groomer in a shop and for 1000 sq ft it is $360.

Comment

Working...
              X