Question for Stephen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Stephen

I was given a short business plan outline to fill in by my business advisor at the SBDC of my college before I do my big plan for when I'm accepted by a bank (hopefully). One of the things I'd like to add to the Industry/Market section is the amount people spend on their pets, and how much it increases per year. On the home page of petgroomer, it gives some info in small print. Is it still accurate, or has there been an update? If there is a new set of numbers, who/what source should I quote it from?

How would I find out (and is it necessary) the information on the target market of middle to upper class homeowners of the 2 counties I'll be working in?

Thanks

This is what I put on my bus. plan.

The U.S. pet industry was $16 billion a year business in 1992 and has grown to become a $38.2 billion (2006 est.) a year business today. It is noted for being recession resistant because pet owners care for their pets as though they were family members. More than $2.7 billion dollars will be spent on pet services in 2006 according to the American Pet Products Manufacturers Association, which will likely continue to grow at around 8% for 2007.

For info on middle to upper class you could check out citydata.com and you can look up the median incomes for people in your area.

Comment

Hey Revwind,
      You are mopre likely to get an answer from Stephen if you pm or e-mail him. He does not moderate much any more and he mentiond in another post that we would nee to e-mail or pm him
      "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
      Nancy

Comment

Working...
      X