Separate drying room?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Separate drying room?

Our lease at the current place expires this May and we keep an eye on available places. Anyway, this one place (that I hope will still be available in few months) offers sizable allowance for tenant improvements. I was wondering will it make sense to have separate room for drying? As in, separate from bathing area. Right now I have bathing and drying in one room, so when I dry big hairies (even with lot of hair removed in the tub) hair flies everywhere. So, on one hand I think having separate room just for drying will make for easier clean up. BUT, will the humidity be an issue since it will be smaller room? What do you think?

Originally posted by ABDG View Post
    Our lease at the current place expires this May and we keep an eye on available places. Anyway, this one place (that I hope will still be available in few months) offers sizable allowance for tenant improvements. I was wondering will it make sense to have separate room for drying? As in, separate from bathing area. Right now I have bathing and drying in one room, so when I dry big hairies (even with lot of hair removed in the tub) hair flies everywhere. So, on one hand I think having separate room just for drying will make for easier clean up. BUT, will the humidity be an issue since it will be smaller room? What do you think?
    I never saw a point in seperate drying room, the space could be much better utilized. It's not going to generate $

Comment

Admin wrote the book on that both drying and bathing in separate contained area and why. I went into one designed on his floorplans in Boston area. AWESOME. So quiet, uses less AC, keeps all hair from flying around, definitely read about floor plans like this with separate bathing AND drying at grooming business in a box. Amazing feel, true spa. My dream place is his 2400 sq foot plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Brit View Post
        Admin wrote the book on that both drying and bathing in separate contained area and why. I went into one designed on his floorplans in Boston area. AWESOME. So quiet, uses less AC, keeps all hair from flying around, definitely read about floor plans like this with separate bathing AND drying at grooming business in a box. Amazing feel, true spa. My dream place is his 2400 sq foot plan.
        Yes, I was thinking about quietness, too, if it will be more removed from the front/reception area.

Comment

I love having a separate drying room. Love closing the door to keep noise and hair contained. I just run a dehumidifier and have a vent or window fan to suck the warm air out.

Comment

I'd love a separate room for drying, or bathing for that matter. Worked as a bather for one of my instructors - ages ago- and her shop had a bathing room separated from the grooming area. The grooming area was almost zen like without dryers. The bathing/ drying/ kennel area was almost twice the size of my entire current shop. The only thing I didn't like was that the cages were in that area and once he bather left there was no 'in room' supervision of the dogs. I do like having the ability to keep my eye on my guys while they are there.

Comment

Do you work alone? This is just my opinion......My drying table is beside my tub......out of the tub and onto the table. For me, every second is money. The former shop I was in had a separate room which (to me) wasted a lot of time walking from one place to another. I have not seen Admin's design so not knocking it at all just saying the least amount of movement is less time wasted and more money in your pocket.

Comment

Countrygirl, yes, I work alone. If we do get to build some walls in the new place, it will be small and close to bathing area, so not too much walking.

Comment

Originally posted by DogGamut View Post
                  I never saw a point in seperate drying room, the space could be much better utilized. It's not going to generate $
                  Dehumidifing and noise.........dosent ALWAYS have to generate $, sometimes peace is wonderful for ppl and pets.
                  Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Before I was mobile in my last shop, we had a separate drying and bathing room. Loved it.

Comment

We have a separate drying room

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have an enclosed drying and bathing space within the main area. It has a solid wall along the bottom and the rest is enclosed in wire screen (like a screen door). It contains any flying hair, but is still a part of the main area. It's space I would be using for that, anyway, just enclosed by screen. Noise isn't really an issue since I work alone and just turn off the dryer whenever anyone walks in since I can still see the entrance from the tub or drying table.

Comment

I actually wanted that for my salon if i have enough space to do that.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

I would not be without my separate drying room. it hides and absorbs most of the sound, lovely.

Comment

A separated enclosed room to contain the flying hair and moisture? My small shop is the first floor of my summer house plus part of the old porch. Nooks and crannies everywhere. I dry my dogs on my grooming table. That room sounds amazing to me!

Comment

Working...
                              X