Central vacuum system anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Central vacuum system anyone?

Anyone have one of these. I saw one in a shop about 1000 sq ft and looked like a great idea. You just swept to a grill which opened and sucked it up the wall and into a container out back. Love it. But do they work as well as it looks?

We a central vac at the hospital and I love it. There are several hookups throughout the hospital. we just insert the hose and voila- no more hair or dirt.
    They can clog if you manage to suck the wrong things, and since it is central it can require a maintenance call to find and fix the clog. I like it since it is a lot quieter than a regular vacuum so you could use it around the dogs without stressing them too much (I generally use a broom and pan during the day and only vacuum after everyone is finished - my preference).

Comment

Sure we love ours, I put it in some years ago. About $4,000 as I remember. Worth every penny. You just sweep the hair to the various vents and it starts up and poof it is all gone. No bending over!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Got one years ago, love it too. Tank is at the back door so noise is not a problem.

Comment

I went to shop today and cannot stand SHOP VACS. Destroys my ears and pleasant setting. Central vac YEA

Comment

Anyone have a favorite manufacturer for central vac?

Comment

We are getting one of these finally. Installing first week of January after rush season. However, we haven't chosen the manufacturer yet, if anyone knows like violet said, please let me know. thanks.

Comment

One of my clients has one, and my grandmother had one that lasted 30+ years. They're absolutely wonderful!

Comment

I seen a wicked deal on what looked like nice brand at store called Lowes.
                  I grew up using a central vac. Laube actually sells one. It's on their website. I can use my Hanvey Hairvac/ taxi vac as one with the house cleaning kit ( real full hose and 4 attachments and hanger) and reach my whole groom shop and small retail space. I have only ever thought of those vents in a house, what a great idea for salons! Would be just that much quicker for clean up.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

I hate shop vacs. I can find manufacturers of them at sites for people hair salons.

Comment

I just purchased a central vacuum that is made for Groomers and Vets (https://www.thinkvacuums.com/central...ian-units.html). has anyone ever used this before? I heard of this from the owner of the major groomers by me in Miami.

Comment

No but most groomers don't need them IMHO unless it is a big shop.

Comment

Originally posted by MrB View Post
                          I just purchased a central vacuum that is made for Groomers and Vets (https://www.thinkvacuums.com/central...ian-units.html). has anyone ever used this before? I heard of this from the owner of the major groomers by me in Miami.
                          We have used a central vac for many years and everyone loves it. There are different types. We sweep the hair to 1 of 7 locations at floor level and the chute opens and sucks the hair up. I love it, no one has anything bad to say. It is very quiet overall because machinery is out back near the trash disposal bin. Essential in a modern bigger shop unless you splurge for sure in a small shop.

Comment

I have worked in place with them but my shop vac is fine. Not worth the $$$ without at least 2 more groomers but enjoy. They are nice!

Comment

Working...
                            X