X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tif
    replied
    Originally posted by absolutebichon View Post
    The 7 by 7 may be code but tight. Since tables are longer than wide and you may have a workstation or drawers on the wall 7 by 10 would be better as a minimum.

Old post that got bumped. Wonder if they ever opened up a school.

Leave a comment:

• absolutebichon
    replied
    The 7 by 7 may be code but tight. Since tables are longer than wide and you may have a workstation or drawers on the wall 7 by 10 would be better as a minimum.

Leave a comment:

• Particentral
    replied
    Originally posted by absolutebichon View Post
    Seriously, but Parti truly how much room if you have to put in width and length?
    My grooming room is roughly ten by ten. My table is 42 inches. I have that much room plus walkway between tables and a foot on one end..then there is the walkway on the other side. Probably 6 foot from table edge to wall...so lets say my personal work area is 5.5 feet wide by 6 foot deep and it's tighter than i like. I can move around a little more because of the walkway. Wish it was 8x8. That would be perfect....

Leave a comment:

• absolutebichon
    replied
    Seriously, but Parti truly how much room if you have to put in width and length?

Originally posted by Particentral View Post
    Yall can have it. I need room!

Leave a comment:

• tabbykitten13
    replied
    I would also think the size of the groomer and the dogs you would do would need to be taken into consideration. Pom? no problem. Newfie? Good luck!
    Also, I'm 6'1"- I tend to hit elbows on everything and have to scoot back in order to see what I'm doing when the table just doesn't go high enough. On my usual table in the middle of the room it's not a problem, but when I have to use the table in the corner usually used by my very petite 5'2" coworker that has that square foot space enforced by walls... There's just no way I could have room to work on a sizeable dog!

Leave a comment:

• Cyn
    replied
    Originally posted by Particentral View Post
    Lol!

Leave a comment:

• Particentral
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cyn
    replied
    Originally posted by kat05 View Post
    My shop is teeny tint as is Cyn's! I think hers is 10 x 12, and mine is 7 x 13.5. I have a grooming and a drying station....and a tub area. Right now we have 3 people in this area!
    Close Kat! Mine is 8 x 12 appx 98 sq ft. I have my grooming table,tool chest, tub, 15 cages, dryer hangs on the wall. So I would think 49sq ft would be pleanty of room for a work station in a larger building. Kat is and I used to be grooming at vet clinics and trust me......we can work in a 4'x4' space if need be.
    Some would think it is too close quarters.....just depends on what you are used to, imo.

Leave a comment:

• Dolly
    replied
    I don't know the demensions, but see if you can look inside an area mobile grooming van. WGT Pro is small, but it is so well planned that its all the space I need and that includes the bathing area. I think 49 sq ft is plenty when you are just talking about table, small cabinet for tools and a dryer.

Happy squeezing in

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Leave a comment:

• Particentral
    replied
    If the space is 7 foot by 7 foot and your table is two foot wide that's going to leave you with 2&a half feet on either side of your table to work again. That's not enough room for me. I suppose you could put the table against the wall but I like to walk around my table. Most tables are three to four foot long so again you end up with about one and a half to two feet on either end of the table. That's not a lot of room. I have a medicine cabinet on my wall behind me to hold my sprays and that kind of thing. To my left is a small stackof drawers that are maybe one foot by one and a half foo and I have my shears hanging on the wall behind me. When I need a store to sit down on I have to move my table out to do that. I would really like 9 by 9 not 7 by 7. I'm telling you it sounds bigger than it is when you start putting stuff in it

Leave a comment:

• Mostly Mischief
    replied
    For just a station and something to hold your tools 49 square feet seems like plenty to me. My station would definitely fit into that space. I just have a table and a three drawer thingy to keep my tools on. At home I even blow dry in that space as my HV dryer is under my table.

Leave a comment:

• violet2
    replied
    OK thanks. Not sure if all understand. Even if the space is 5,000 sq. ft. each student must have a workstation, in this case, a grooming table. This doesn't mean tub for washing or even drying unless they dry on the grooming table. So the code says 49 sq ft. total for the station, the grooming table, most tables are not more than 12 to 14 sq. ft.

Leave a comment:

• Particentral
    replied
    Originally posted by kat05 View Post
    My shop is teeny tint as is Cyn's! I think hers is 10 x 12, and mine is 7 x 13.5. I have a grooming and a drying station....and a tub area. Right now we have 3 people in this area!
    If I get 4-5 people in my shop working at 1200 sq ft I am sometimes screaming that there are too many people in my grooming shop! I would go INSANE in that small of an area.....my staff knows to leave if I start mumbling it under my breath. LOL

Leave a comment:

• kat05
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Particentral
    replied
    Originally posted by JOLIE petsalon View Post
    Wow your shop is teeny tiny!
    LOL No, the shop is over 1200 sq feet. the room we groom in has three stations and is really designed for two.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X