Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving our shop !! To home on a conrner lot. Need input and ideas please please !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving our shop !! To home on a conrner lot. Need input and ideas please please !!!

I'am now in a great stripe mall location for 2 years. I average 10 dogs per day alone. Rent and overhead is killing me. I want to own the building. The building is not forsale.
    We are moving to our home location--(BUT NOT IN THE HOME). We are bringing in a 30ft x 14 ft log cabin. We are going to drywall and fix up the inside. If things stay on track it will all be paid off in 1 year.

THE NAME OF MY SHOP is "STRUT YOUR MUTT PET GROOMING" My logo is dog in a tux and top hat. Fusia and dark purple is the logo color. Being a male, i did not want to bring inside these colors?

Help me with a theme for inside !!! I have a degree in art, and have a brain fart (LOL). I did not want top hats and dog paws.
    I have some antique vanities I was going to use.

Need ideas to get my hoses and cords off the floor??? THanks

Congrats!

This should go great, although you may not keep all your clients, depending on the distance they will be going.

Fuschia and dark purple - well, you could still use a touch of these for continuity and logo repetition, plus BLACK maybe as a strong, male-type counterpoint, and then cream if you want lots of light color for efficiency.

I'm not all that artsy, but was thinking it could look good.

Don't have my cords off the floor yet, so can't help you there.

Have fun with the reno - sounds like a great thing to be able to do!!!

Comment

for colors I would use kelly green and cream with hints of the purple and fuschia if done right it could look very cool I love bright colors though.
      for the cords try wall mounting or even the celing depending on how high they are I have mine on the wall just high enough that it keeps the cords up off the floor and I can still reach them to unplug and plugh in and for the water hoses I am working on getting them hung from the celing right over thu tub kinda like you might see in resturants that have them for washing dishes. the drain hoses tho have to flow down so that one is more tricky. anyway good luck!

Comment

A log cabin sound so cool

why don't you go with a woodezy ,forest , idea. bears,deers,foxes,wildlife.I don't know what state your from ,but I think if you carry on the forest theme,it would be like walking into the woods and we all know how dogs and cats love that,and a outdoors theme would work good for a guy,just no hunting stuff please,just cute forest creatures ,good luck with your new shop.

Originally posted by Strutmutt View Post
        I'am now in a great stripe mall location for 2 years. I average 10 dogs per day alone. Rent and overhead is killing me. I want to own the building. The building is not forsale.
        We are moving to our home location--(BUT NOT IN THE HOME). We are bringing in a 30ft x 14 ft log cabin. We are going to drywall and fix up the inside. If things stay on track it will all be paid off in 1 year.

THE NAME OF MY SHOP is "STRUT YOUR MUTT PET GROOMING" My logo is dog in a tux and top hat. Fusia and dark purple is the logo color. Being a male, i did not want to bring inside these colors?

Help me with a theme for inside !!! I have a degree in art, and have a brain fart (LOL). I did not want top hats and dog paws.

Comment

With your name and logo, think about a high-end lodge look (www.heathmanlodge.com) This would fit the log cabin and your upper end image.

As for cords and hoses, since you're building the place from scratch, put in lots of outlets. Our grooming stations have one outlet down low for the table and a 4 outlet plug up at counter height for the clippers, dryers, chargers, etc. A GFCI outlet (with cover) is near the tub for the HV dryer mounted to the wall. All the kennel dryers have dedicated switched outlets so we don't have to climb on the top of the cages to turn the dryers on.

Good luck with your new shop! Can't wait to see the pics.

Comment

cyn

I am doing the same thing after grooming in a vet clinic for 22 yrs. I moved in log cabin and went with woodsy interior. Greens tans ect..My pets are much calmer in this enviroment. Best of luck!
            Originally posted by Strutmutt View Post

Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Working...
            X