May be coming from Cali to AUS for a "work and holiday" trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May be coming from Cali to AUS for a "work and holiday" trip

I'm contemplating going over to AUS May/June of 2011 on a work and holiday visa. I have a couple job options but I was wonder how the grooming industry is over there. I'd probably just be a bather/brusher, is there demand for them?

There is big demand for good experienced groomers/bathers over here. Have a look at www.seek.com.au www.careerone.com.au the job ads on here and google kookaburra vets for vet clinic positions. Remember that that time of year is our winter but I still think you wouldnt have a problem finding work.

Comment

I'm going too!!

LOL, well, it won't be for about 3 more years, but there seem to be a lot of jobs for groomers and you can coordinate a work/holiday thing. I don't know a lot about it yet, but I'll have to learn as the time gets closer. Great!! Have fun!

Comment

In order to work in Australia, someone has to sponser you. You can work temporarily (I think a maximum of 1 month)and are considered a backpacker if you are under 25 and touring the country. Those were the rules 10 years ago so I don't know if anything has changed. I know because I lived in NSW and couldn't get a job. Best of luck to you. Australia is BEAUTIFUL and I would go back in a heartbeat.

Marilyn

Comment

Working...
        X