Timing for Raising Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing for Raising Prices

I've noticed some members talking about their 2007 prices. Based on experience and plenty of education from marketing experts, starting the year off with new prices is not recommended. Consumer studies indicate that in this period people are in the holiday let down phase and bills are coming in from holiday spending. The best time for raising prices with less consumer resistance is typically Spring. This is all consumer psychology.

Great tip, thanks Stephen. I was on the great debate on when to raise prices.
    "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
    Nancy

Comment

Well,opps...TOO late to say this. I already raised my prices the first of the year. I've had it posted since October so it's not a surprise to my customers that this was going to happen.
      I use to do it first of July but everyone started to ask if the prices were going up when the end of the year came around so I changed it to first of January.

Comment

I am raising mine March 1st. I have it posted already so people won't be surprised.

Comment

I raised mine in August with the thought that with the new school year coming up, everyone would be spending money anyway getting the kids stuff for school so why not be prepared to have to spend more on Fluffy too.

Comment

When I went to the Rhode Island show I went to a groomers round table. I can't remember the name of the gentleman that was in the seminar, but he said he raises his prices right before Thanksgiving. His reasoning? They're not going to be able to find anywhere else to go before the holidays, and then they have a chance to get used to the prices. I know that this is a very succesful business owner. Darn, I wish I could remember his name.
            don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

I raise my prices for new clients in January, but my regulars get to keep last years prices until April first (start of the tax period here) when I raise them up to the same as the new clients are paying.

Comment

I have always raised prices the first of April also. That way I can at least lighten the burden of telling people with a April Fool's day joke!

Comment

i do the exact same thing as watt-a-dog!

Comment

I've heard that the first of the year is not good timing. But I did it anyway. I posted it in the salon in August. I raised NEW clients Nov.1 and raised existing clients Jan1. (except for those that were new as of Nov1 beacause they are already at the new price)
                    $3 for prebooking and $5 for call in clients.
                    No one has complained or said anything yet. Not even a dirty look LOL
                    SO far anyway....
                    Now I'm WAY higher than all of my neighbors. But I do have a large overhead (for me) and my salon is new with all GOOD equipment & product.

Comment

Pricing

I do it before the Holiday rush (November 1.).

Comment

Well it's been 15 days since my price increase.
                        And I'm loving my raise!
                        No complaints yet!

Comment

I also raised prices at the start of the new year, not one complaint. I love my clients!!
                          Making Central Florida Pawsitively Purrfect since 2005.

Comment

I think the beginning of the year is okay as many people have come to expect it.

Comment

Thanks for the tip! I'll stick to what the experts say. I need all the help I can get..lol.. April/May it is. Now all I need is a not so tacky way of telling my regulars. All I've come up with is I need more money, I'm worth it. Fork it over!!

Comment

Working...
                              X