Posting your pricing on web page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting your pricing on web page

For those of you that have a web site I am wondering if you post your pricing on your site.

I don't like being locked in to a price without being able to talk to the owners of a new potential pet but I also like the idea of giving people an idea before they call so that they don't get too upset with "sticker shock". Never had a site before and am thinking with a new start up business that I really need one. Thanks for ideas/suggestions.

We post our prices on our site www.fauxpawsgrooming.com, but we make sure to include that we reserve the right to charge more for difficult pets and or owners and coat condition. Also, we offer a reduced rate for maintence schedule clients (4 weeks or less)

Comment

Just put a disclaimer after your BASE prices that will say "final pricing will depend on breed, trim, pet's disposition and coat condition" or something to that effect. I highly recommend listing some incidental charges like for matted pets, de-matting and special handling and the charges associated on your website. It's helpful these are also in your client agreement. If a problem ever arises you can remind the client that all those "I didn't know" fees are clearly listed. And hopefully they signed an agreement that discusses final pricing is determined on a variety of factors, some at the beginning of the appointment (the groom fee) and others when they come to pick up (handling fees, mat fees, things hourly you can't estimate).
      That Tenacious Terrier!
      www.thattenaciousterrier.com
      https://www.facebook.com/ThatTenaciousTerrier

Comment

I give a range for my prices and also have it on my website that prices given are simply general estimates and are not guaranteed. Something like that LOL
        www.transfurmations.com
        What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Most Mobiles

don't post their prices,I would think more shop do.
          When I own a shop I did
          But not now that I'm mobile

Comment

I'm a shop but I still don't post my fees.
            Lisa VanVleet, RVT

Comment

Originally posted by desertdogs64 View Post
              don't post their prices,I would think more shop do.
              When I own a shop I did
              But not now that I'm mobile
              Funny, I find the opposite. Almost every mobile website I have visited has their prices posted but more salons I look at don't.
              What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

If I had my own business...I would post my pics. I would just make sure to put a big notice in BOLD letters that these prices are just an estimate...yada yada yada. I think it would help save a lot of price shopping phone calls, therefore save you time.
                I know when I go to a website for other businesses I like it when they have their prices listed. It saves me the hassle of having to call them and I know what to expect when I go.

Comment

Thanks, some real good feedback. I'm leaning toward posting them with disclaimers and "extra charges may be added for: etc. " My mind is spinning!

Comment

I will post prices

When I eventually get my site, I will be posting prices. This is so I don't answer as many "price-shopping" phone calls, since I do not intend to be a low-priced shop.

Comment

P.S. I really like both of your web sites that you posted links for, if I was shopping for a groomer I wouldn't hesitate to call either one!! Nicely done

Comment

Size description

PrincessPoodles
                        I love your description of dog sizes. Its something that can hardly be argued with
                        I had a customer insist that her dog was a Pomeranian when it was really a small chow chow
                        (black tongue and all) She had akc papers to prove it. Hhhhmmmm.

Just a funny.

Comment

pricing

Feel free to visit my [email protected] www.tailstonailsgrooming.webs.com. For any of you looking to do a website these sites thru www.webs.com are free(Unless you want to upgrade)

Comment

I do post general pricing, but each $ has & up after it... with more detail included about how there may be additional costs. Since I work alone I don't have the extra time to answer pricing questions all the time.. has been hard enough to make phone appointments without playing "phone tag" so I added online appointment booking last November... and it has been a huge help!

Comment

Some one here

gave me the advice to price by the hour. So that is what I do - I charge X for small dogs per hr and X for large dogs per hour. If they are matted and take more time - they pay. If they are hard to handle and take longer, they pay. If they are on a maintenance schedule and easy to groom and done quicker, they pay less.

it was the best advice I got. Granted if I am having an off day and just taking longer, I know what it should take me and I charge accordingly.

I haven't had one person give me a hard time about my pricing since. And they never try to talk me down either. I do price out special services so they know how much to add for product/time.

It makes sense. You just need to figure out how much you are worth per hr / or how much you need to sustain yr business.

Comment

Working...
                              X