Prices for those self employed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prices for those self employed

I'm thinking about changing the format of my pricing and was wondering how many of you business owners have a "sliding scale" on prices. For example: Do you charge more for a cocker that comes in every 6 weeks that gets a regular cocker trim (lets say 10 back, #0 leg/skirt) versus a cocker shave down every 6 weeks?

My prices really don't vary from one style to another for each breed but I remember when I started grooming most places had a different price for each kind of groom: shave down, blade finish with a little scissoring, full scissor finish.

Any thoughts????
    ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
    Apparently common sense isn't all that common
    *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Yes, since I charge based on time a simpler haircut usually costs less. And I had to laugh, I haven't done a 10 on the back of a cocker in about 13 years. It was popular when I was in the midwest and man, I HATED doing that. So glad here people like it longer! Just gave me a major flashback! LOL
    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Ya, I have a sliding scale.... my prices slide all over the place! ...............LOL.
      A Light exists in Spring, Not present on the Year, At any other period -- When March is scarcely here...~~ Emily Dickensen~~

Comment

Originally posted by MydogMissy View Post
        Ya, I have a sliding scale.... my prices slide all over the place! ...............LOL.
        so do mine!
        ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~

Comment

Originally posted by mylady View Post
          I haven't done a 10 on the back of a cocker in about 13 years. It was popular when I was in the midwest and man, I HATED doing that.
          And here in my area I'm lucky to use a 7 on the back! Most get a 10 on the back, some get a 15: the shorter back the better in my clients opinion
          ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~

Comment

Originally posted by mylady View Post
            Yes, since I charge based on time a simpler haircut usually costs less. And I had to laugh, I haven't done a 10 on the back of a cocker in about 13 years. It was popular when I was in the midwest and man, I HATED doing that. So glad here people like it longer! Just gave me a major flashback! LOL
            most people complain the ten isn't short enough here!!

Comment

Originally posted by Moonpiepoodlz View Post
              And here in my area I'm lucky to use a 7 on the back! Most get a 10 on the back, some get a 15: the shorter back the better in my clients opinion
              Here too. And the legs are not much longer. lol Fine with me though. I rarely have matted Cockers.

I have pretty set prices per breed, but I do have some clients who are on shorter schedules and I cut them a little break. I have 3 Cockers (different owners) who come every 3 weeks, and a Bishon that comes every 2 weeks. I don't charge them as much as I would charge somebody else coming in every 6+ weeks.

Comment

yeah my prices are generally going by the time spent on them. regardless of the styling involved, if it takes half an hour, then it gets charged at the same price as other half hour dogs. If it was a matted shave down or if it was a 6 weekly trim & scissor, if it takes the same time then it's the same price. Big dogs and harder grooms cost more simply cos they take longer to do for whatever reason, if it's cos they have more coat to dry, or more coat to come off, whatever. It's a sliding scale of how much of my time is taken up basically!

I DO charge less for my time for some very good customers (those that are 1-4 weekly, booked for the year) but I also charge more for the dogs I dislike and/or are really difficult dogs to do!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MydogMissy View Post
                  Just thinking the same!!

Comment

Working...
                  X