website on Vista Print

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• website on Vista Print

I was planning to make my website using Vista Print. However, I noticed that they don't allow any cancellation after the order is placed.
    Their customer service is only automated service and you can't talk to real person.
    I checked review for this company and found there are so many unhappy customers with this company such as they never got refund
    or they got charged for something they didn't want.

I have read a good review about this company before on this forum but does anyone use Vista Print to publish website?

Go to GoDaddy.com and check them out. They have some great deals and they were recommended to me by a computer geek that set up my imac. She said they are reliable and you don't have to worry about any viruses, scams or anything bad. I am setting up my website through them and I also got my domain name through them. I wasn't impressed by VistaPrints websites (the ones I've seen). Anyway, check out GoDaddy and see what you think.

Comment

I used yola and they have plenty of sites to choose from and easy to use.

I found the vista print site hard to navigate but they did cancel it for me after my free trial

Comment

Yep, I have 2

web sites through Vista Print, never an issue, sites are up and on line minutes after you publish. I also like the fact that I have all marketing tools (banners, business cards, window decals, clothing and hats, stationary, etc) with the same logo and web sites logo too. Makes for a very nice situation.

I also have a GoDaddy site that I have used for years for my mobile grooming site, and before that my shop. Yes I pay more for my GoDaddy site, but it gives more in different ways.
        I think it's a toss-up either way. I do like the VP sites because of the marketing stuff, though. Here are my sites...

www.pamsbubblemobile.com
        www.northsoundprofessionalpetstylists.vpweb.com

Comment

I use vista and have no problems and YES have even talked to a real person. I had 2 sites and cancelled one with no problems.

Comment

web host

I use Fat Cow. Overall, I'm happy with it as it's cheap, easy to use, has live people support, & clients tell me they selected me because of my website (content & appearance). It's evolved a lot since I 1st launched it. There are some limitations that bug me, I haven't figured out the photo album yet & the page is narrow, but for cheap sites it's great. I think Fat Cow, Vista, & Go Daddy are very similar & you'd be fine with any in that price bracket. Go's site wasn't intuitive to me (I updated a friend's site for her) & was frustrating.

I love Vista Print for all their marketing materials & web sites I've seen done with their templates look very nice.

Were I to learn html or dreamweaver, I'd create my own. A friend got a quote from a pro & basically it'd start at $3k. Ouch.

Comment

I use Vista Print for a web site. But I'm not exactly in the technology capitol of the world so a web site in this area isn't going to mean a whole lot. I'm getting more hits from France and Russia than I am from West Virginia. What's that all about? I'm just glad they're not calling.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedd View Post
                I'm getting more hits from France and Russia than I am from West Virginia. What's that all about? I'm just glad they're not calling.
                They are gonna call their cousin--a Nigerian Prince who needs you to cash a Money Order for them.
                "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Thank you so much!

I'll look into Godaddy and Fatcow also and decide which one to use.

By the way, my computer is Mac but it doesn't matter, does it?

Comment

Originally posted by Vienna View Post
                    By the way, my computer is Mac but it doesn't matter, does it?
                    I wouldn't think so, otherwise they'd lose out on business. No matter what you use, it's so important to have any kind of web site in this era. I had a yellow pages ad & received a total of 1 call the entire year. Unless you live in Jedd's area!! : )

Comment

VistaPrint?!?

weren't they just involved in an online scam recently? They were offering to sell 500 business cards for something like $6, then when you give them your credit card info they start charging 10 or 15 every month. Did anyone else hear about that?

Comment

Originally posted by my.cats.name.is.psycho View Post
                        weren't they just involved in an online scam recently?
                        I've ordered from VP many times, without any issue. I've received quite a bit of free stuff too.

It's always best to check things out for yourself as you wouldn't want potential customers believing bad rumors a competitor spreads about your business, would you? There is a company that advertises itself in a way that you'd think it was VP but they aren't. Their emails now go straight to junk mail on my computer.

Comment

I use Vista print for my website ( www.dogsbytammy.com ) , and i use a mac.

You cant set up your vista print site through safari. Setting up and editing my website is the one and only time i ever use a different browser , and i do it using firefox. I have never had security issues , and with the Mac , as you know, that Nigerian prince might get your address, but he can't get his message through ..... gotta love Mac.
                          Last edited by DBT; 04-17-10, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart-n-Pretty View Post
                            They are gonna call their cousin--a Nigerian Prince who needs you to cash a Money Order for them.
                            Nope, no prince. We got Jamie Oliver instead. (I wish I had the graphics on my RV while they were filming his show here. I'd parked it in front of his kitchen)

Comment

Originally posted by DBT View Post
                              I use Vista print for my website ( www.dogsbytammy.com ) , and i use a mac.

You cant set up your vista print site through safari. Setting up and editing my website is the one and only time i ever use a different browser , and i do it using firefox. I have never had security issues , and with the Mac , as you know, that Nigerian prince might get your address, but he can't get his message through ..... gotta love Mac.
                              DBT I like your website...the picture of the overgrown matted dog!! WOW. I haven't used their website services but we use VP for printing and always like to use their free promotions and have never had a problem with being charged monthly or anything like that. You just don't want to be careful of all the add on's and rush fees. If you are patient and have the time to wait the "free" stuff is a good deal. We had a problem with some postcards half were correct the other half were cut wrong. I talked to a real person and they gave us a credit because they couldn't get the replacement to us in time for when we needed them. I hope you share your website when your done.

Comment

Working...
                              X