Advertising special days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advertising special days

I am having a fantastic response to a promotion that I have been running for a few months. It is called "Fab Lab" Mondays--I do a complete groom on any Labrador for $XX. It is very popular in my area and I am gaining about 50 new clients a month from advertising I am doing in my area. I am focused on getting new clients because my shop has only been open for 15 months.

I am wondering if anyone has any other great "Promotional Days" that work for them in their areas......I am interested in any specials, promo's, or ads that you do that really bring in existing or new clients!

Thanks for the help!

Perhaps you could do 'Toenail Tuesdays?' Do discounted toenail trims on Tuesdays or maybe a 2 for 1 special. It seems like almost all of the dogs that've been coming in recently have really long nails and could use a nail trim right about now.

Comment

great idea!! I think I'll try "short haired Saturdays" this summer!

Comment

I do breed days from time to time- especially for my Cavalier clients because I am deeply involved with the breed. It takes a lot of organizing to pull it off with a smooth day of grooming, and have it be fun for both the dogs and the owners--but I have DEFINITELY gotten new clients just from the few times I have done it, and the clients loved it! SO,,I will keep doing it, but it is some extra work for one groomer to do alone plus groom all day...I am thinking that I will take a couple less dogs (even though that kind of defeats the purpose), just to have more time to chat and play. I would recommend taking days aside for breed days or discount days to anyone building their business, its definitely worth it.
        Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
        www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

We used to do "Twosday" - where any client came in with a second dog (they would have friends come in, etc.- great way to get new clients).

Tuesdays are Twosdays

Comment

Originally posted by Gracy Rose View Post
            We used to do "Twosday" - where any client came in with a second dog (they would have friends come in, etc.- great way to get new clients).

Tuesdays are Twosdays
            I think your forgot to put what your deal was.. did you give $$ off or something

I really need some good promo ideas.

Comment

I know we can't discuss prices, but (if its alright with Stephen) could you tell me how much you gave off for your breed day or two-days? Even if only in percentage? I have a TON of Shih Tzus in my area and thought that might be a good thing. Or maybe give a percentage of the proceeds to my local Shih Tzu rescue (who I volunteer for)? I'll definitely be watching this thread for more ideas!
              My Blog: <a href="http://groomwise.typepad.com/in_the_dogs_house/">In the Dogs' House Groomwise Blog</a>

Comment

Fab Lab Days

Originally posted by itsgot2bme View Post
                I know we can't discuss prices, but (if its alright with Stephen) could you tell me how much you gave off for your breed day or two-days? Even if only in percentage? I have a TON of Shih Tzus in my area and thought that might be a good thing. Or maybe give a percentage of the proceeds to my local Shih Tzu rescue (who I volunteer for)? I'll definitely be watching this thread for more ideas!

1/4 of $100!

Comment

Originally posted by Dog Mom View Post
                  1/4 of $100!
                  LOL! I hope that is the TOTAL you're charging and not the amount off!

I was mainly looking for how much off people gave for their breed days, i.e. I give 10% or $5 off my regular grooming prices kind of thing.
                  My Blog: <a href="http://groomwise.typepad.com/in_the_dogs_house/">In the Dogs' House Groomwise Blog</a>

Comment

If you brought in a new client you would get 22% off and they got $22 worth in add on services (teethbrushing $10, Nails Painted $8, Blueberry Facial $4 or they could choose other services :-) see, the whole 2 theme.

I ALWAYS give my best coupon to CURRENT clients, they are the loyal ones after all.

Comment

Originally posted by itsgot2bme View Post
                      LOL! I was mainly looking for how much off people gave for their breed days, i.e. I give 10% or $5 off my regular grooming prices kind of thing.
                      1/4 of 100 is 25%

Comment

Originally posted by BeeJL View Post
                        1/4 of 100 is 25%
                        Wow... I'm a little slow lol! I thought that was how much she charged, not the percentage off since she said 1/4 of $100. Perhaps the $ sign threw me off...

Comment

Working...
                        X