Quick Question:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Question:

Do you charge extra for cleaning up around their ears/anus/tail/throat or wherever? Or is that included in the grooming?

Originally posted by my.cats.name.is.psycho View Post
    Do you charge extra for cleaning up around their ears/anus/tail/throat or wherever? Or is that included in the grooming?
    Here it is included. A groom is more than bathing and partial drying. Unless you are only charging $15 or $20 and stating only a bath.

Comment

My grooms are "all inclusive" also, but again, my grooming services are NOT cheap.
      Lisa VanVleet, RVT

Comment

Included in price

Comment

Nails, ears, anal gland check, and sanitary is included in all baths.

Comment

I have two price, a Bathe and Brush price (which includes everything except taking length off the body) and a Full Groom price. The ONLY thing that is extra is a hard to handle dog and if I do any dematting.

I ABSOLUTELY hate being quoted one price and finding out that that is not the REAL price. So I won't do that to my clients. If someone wants to be nickled and dimed they can go to a box store.
            "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Comment

Unless we are bathing a boarding dog, then it is all-inclusive with the groom. The only time we don't do all of that is with a "kennel bath" we give to boarding pets. They get a bath, conditioner and hand dry. That's it.

Tammy in Utah
              Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

All that's included unless they really just want a bath, then I have to lock up my clippers and shears to make sure I don't give them more than what they're paying for. LOL
                "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt,
                and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck
                www.wagmoresalon.com

Comment

My bath pricing includes bath, blowdry, brush, nails, ear cleaning, sanitary clipping on the belly and rear, and paw trimming. I charge extra for clipping in any additional areas.

Comment

Yeah, I was wondering more about tidying up b+b clients who aren't getting a full grooming aka haircut. And the many dogs who don't get their hair cut, because that would mean getting out the clippers and/or shears and cutting the hair. I realize that nails, ears, and certainly a drying, are included, I was only asking about touchups. Because as I've been reading about how to groom specific breeds, there are seperate prices for a b+b and full grooming, so it made me wonder exactly wth they were talking about.

Comment

For me, say, on a shih tzu, a B+B trimming includes a sanitary trim, facial touch up (usually just trimming the visor and scooping under the eyes, but I'll trim the face a bit if it's uneven), pads, and rounding the feet. Anything more than that is extra and considered a groom.

We call it B/B, with a F, F, & S. Or, B/B with the face, feet, and sanitary. It's usually about $10 less than a full groom.
                      There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by keyray View Post
                        I have two price, a Bathe and Brush price (which includes everything except taking length off the body) and a Full Groom price. The ONLY thing that is extra is a hard to handle dog and if I do any dematting.

I ABSOLUTELY hate being quoted one price and finding out that that is not the REAL price. So I won't do that to my clients. If someone wants to be nickled and dimed they can go to a box store.
                        I include everything in a bath.. breed standards do vary some may include more than other but a normal bath and brush includes : bath & brush, blow dry ,nails ,ears ,sanitaries .furries: bath, brush ,blow dry ,nails, ears/cleaned & plucked, face ,feet ,fanny (anal glands only upon request of client).. I do charge more for specialty shampoo such as flea ,skunk, medicated (non oatmeal soothing).hand scissored styles ,
                        de-matting & excessive undercoat removal, difficult to handle or sedated, to me personally some breed standards that are just a simple bath and brush are still considered a full groom. if they wish for out of the ordinary , such as shaving I charge accordingly

Comment

I include tha in the price.
                          i think its pretty much what evderyone else is saying. ears ,nails, sanitary ,pawpads I dont charge extra for undercoat deshedding,I never thought of doing that darn!
                          But our bath prices are wacky it seems like we have different charges for different clients.I dont think thats fair.but I go by whats on the card

Comment

Originally posted by pooh13 View Post
                            excessive undercoat removal
                            I forgot that I charge extra for that too, but only if it is way in excess of normal amount of undercoat (i.e, Spring), otherwise I include it in the price.
                            "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Comment

Working...
                            X