Maimtenence package pricing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afterthought...

Do not make it too complicated, write down what you are willing to do for a maintenance/mini groom and stick to it. Set a price only after you evaluate the dog and how long it will reasonably take you to do the maintenance/mini groom.
    I personally advise against giving discounts...meaning, reduce the rate for maintenance for those ONLY on a 4-6 week PRE-booked schedule-other groomers may say only 4 week, others may say 8 week-most of us recommend 4-6 week schedules so that is what I use....Do not reduce the complete groom....
    I say this because over time you will end of doing a lot of work for a little bit of nothing, at some point in time, keep in mind, you will raise your prices...giving or discounting services will only cause YOU resentment, anger, frustration in the long run and sometimes that is hard to overcome...it will eventually lead to burn out....
    So make it simple, make it count! That old saying...no one is going to buy the cow if you give the milk for free...

OH, since I am on the soapbox...what I had to do because I am my own worst enemy...I printed page for page what is on my website, put it in a binder and keep it with my appointment book...that way I cannot contradict myself and I quote the correct prices, I also don't have an attack of DUH when they ask me about my services...I can read from the list... LOL
    Or keep it at arms reach at all times, make up 2 or 10 if you have to and place them whereever you might be standing when the phone rings, LOL. It helps you stick to your guns too, it is the written word!!!! hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by henrythe8th View Post
      Afterthought...

OH, since I am on the soapbox...what I had to do because I am my own worst enemy...I printed page for page what is on my website, put it in a binder and keep it with my appointment book...that way I cannot contradict myself and I quote the correct prices, I also don't have an attack of DUH when they ask me about my services...I can read from the list... LOL
      Or keep it at arms reach at all times, make up 2 or 10 if you have to and place them whereever you might be standing when the phone rings, LOL. It helps you stick to your guns too, it is the written word!!!! hahahaha
      Oh I like this idea because I am bad this way also.

Comment

Originally posted by henrythe8th View Post
        Afterthought...
        put it in a binder and keep it with my appointment book...that way I cannot contradict myself and I quote the correct prices, I also don't have an attack of DUH when they ask me about my services...
        Lol, I'm with you on that! My short term memory is faulty, so I printed my price list & put it under the clear cover of my client /appointment binder so I can easily find & refer to it. Plus, I have an estimate release the client signs before any work takes place which also lists the prices for various services. That way, if they change the service or do an add on, the price is right there. I save that form in the client binder as a reference for past work on their pet.

Lots of good suggestions here & seems to be consistent with rewarding frequent grooming, as it should. My most struggling client didn't like the 20% discount if re-booked within 8 weeks (believe me their cat needs it!!) but I knew I'd become resentful if I gave them any further discount, as someone previously pointed out. They already get a $15 discount for being an original client.
        That particular couple invited me to their upcoming wedding. Would it be cheesy if I gave them a Free Groom as a wedding gift or as part of a wedding gift?

Comment

Working...
        X