Pricing Structure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pricing Structure

For 3 years, I have had the same pricing structure, though adjusting the actual prices. We do a lot of it by size of the dog, especially baths. Problem is, things have gotten out of whack and I'm not sure what to do about it. For instance, a 100+ pound lab that comes in for a bath is $xx. A bichon that comes in on a regular schedule for a full groom is the same $xx. That just doesn't seem right to me. It takes 3 times as long to do the bichon as the lab. Yet, I can't just triple my prices for bichons, and I'd rather not lower them for the lab How can I fix this, but not make any drastic changes?

Also, when doing yearly price increases that don't affect every customer, how would you word that?

Thanks a lot!
    Carrie

I know what you are saying

I think your prices are likely OK.
    In this buisness some jobs pay better than others!
    A 100# dog often requires 2 people to lift it and more shampoo than a little dog . I would spend a good 45 minutes on a 100# lab, full blow dry and deshed, dremle the nails do mre than they could do at home and make it quick!
    Some jobs just pay better, so make it a GREAT service ! In compairison I can groom a once a month bichon in 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 hours.

Comment

Raise the price of your lab! My 'hourly' on my labs is MUCH higher than my small dogs and helps to offset the small dog price. I just don't make that much off them, so I gladly welcome the big dogs. They are quick and PROFITABLE...
      A Light exists in Spring, Not present on the Year, At any other period -- When March is scarcely here...~~ Emily Dickensen~~

Comment

I don't see a problem with it. I set prices by the time they take to do. A lab takes less time (hands on) for me than a Bichon, but uses more shampoo. SO they should be similarly priced IMO. I take about 20 minutes after the bath to blow out and card a lab. A Bichon takes about 45 to dry and groom (my guys aer well maintained) BUT it takes more shampoo for the lab, and more time in the tub usually......NOW if its a shavedown its double the price of my Bichons...Since overall the cost is higher but the work expended is smaller, it makes sense to me that they would be the same.

You just have to feel like you are making enough on the dog to make it worth doing. If you feel like you are making enough money then you are. If you don;t then you aren't.

There is not enough money in the word for me to do an Akita. Others feel that way about Cockers.
        <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
        X