Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What social media do your best clients use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What social media do your best clients use?

I am going to write a piece about the social media that the best grooming clients regularly use. Not the awful clients, but the ones who are treasures. Where do they hang out online? Youtube, instagram, tiktok, facebook? Did any of your best clients connect with you one on of those? Do you follow each other on Insta, fb, tik, or yt? If you advertise or regularly post, how did you decide amongst the socials?

I have a few that I keep up with things with FB. I had more but FB is losing millions of people compared to the early days. Most young people don't rely on FB and use Instagram more. I don't care for Twitter it has millions of bots on it just like Musk said.

Comment

A few use FB at least for contacting me. Many share grooming pictures on Instagram.

Comment

I don't do much with my customers on social media. They send me some links especially Tik Tok videos. Most like my FB page.
        Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

thanks!

Comment

Actually I have asked some groomers I know and some say a lot of clients over 50 years old and they rarely use social media.
            Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
              Actually I have asked some groomers I know and some say a lot of clients over 50 years old and they rarely use social media.
              I appreciate your asking.

Comment

Younger ones mostly use Instagram, not FB. Kids kid me about using FB actually.

Comment

I mostly use Facebook. For me, it's just the most convenient social network because it has almost everything I need. I even use my page to sell jewelry. My partner and I are running a store and we decided that if we put it online, it would be a good thing. We even found a suitable cover and are waiting for customers here. I like that the social network can be used both for personal use and for sale.
                  Last edited by Maxxx17; 09-01-22, 04:42 AM.

Comment

Instagram. I only have a couple friends still using FB.

Comment

What I was curious about was the types of social media used by the best clients. The reason this is useful information is that when a business posts or advertises on social media, who is the target? If energy is spent posting or even just maintaining a presence, are we reaching the type of people who become long-term customers, or once-a-year visitors? Maybe most salons don't need to know, or need to even use social media, because location of the salon and word-of-mouth are what really matters.
                      I am also curious because so many people in their 30's adopted pets during covid. Are they relying on salon location (convenience) and word-of-mouth, to choose a groomer, or do they look at instagram to see if any local groomers have posted videos of their work? Hmmnn.

Comment

I don't have any current clients as friends and I plan to keep it that way. I friended way to many clients (at their request not mine) in Nevada and I had to be careful about bitching about work. That being said, I don't ask if clients use social media.

Comment

I would say Instagram and FB, but I am doing same as others and not friending customers.

Comment

Originally posted by coldnose View Post
                            I would say Instagram and FB, but I am doing same as others and not friending customers.
                            Are your social media accounts under your business name, or are they under your own name?

Comment

I use my business but I don't friend either.

Comment

Working...
                              X