Next Door and grumpies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Door and grumpies

My supersweet client recommended my claw trimming service on Next Door. She said the person on Next Door responded that my prices were "outrageous". My client rebutted that I come to the home, her cat follows me into the bathroom, and it is so easy. Next Door tends to attract grumpies.
    People are all gung ho about small business and women-owned business until that business wants to earn a middle-class living in an extremely pricey city. Do you like Next Door as a source of referrals?

Emma I REALLY dislike Nextdoor. They’re a bunch of attack dogs if just one of their groupies dislikes something about your service. I closed my account with them over a year ago. Extremely biased platform. I get the occasional notification still when I get a “recommendation” ❤️ from a viewer/member of theirs. I never put my business officially on the site, I had a member personal account. Pfffft. I had an ex customer drag me through the mud on that site. To the point that even a vet office called to express their dismay and disdain at the ferocity these women displayed towards me and my shop. Didn’t help their cause at their vet office in the end for them!
    Last edited by Kurt99; 03-02-22, 07:41 AM.

Comment

I didn’t respond as I didn’t even know much about the site and I even refused to read the thread. I trusted the word of mouth and how appalling these women acted out. Funny thing is I’m recommended in many neighborhoods through them yet. Whatever!

Comment

😊. …..
        Last edited by Kurt99; 03-02-22, 11:46 AM.

Comment

It's not my favorite place for clients to find me initially (same with local facebook group), but it is a nice bonus for potential clients that are looking for more social proof of my business. I find there's some people who complain about pretty much everything or that I'm just not the business for them. I think what that group of people are the most shocked about is that I'm OK with not being the business for them, instead assuming I (or another small business) would bend over backward to be thus "rewarded" with their patron.

Comment

Originally posted by lyttleravyn View Post
            I think what that group of people are the most shocked about is that I'm OK with not being the business for them, instead assuming I (or another small business) would bend over backward to be thus "rewarded" with their patron.
            Yes. I told a client I couldn't let them tell me how to groom their cat, back in my early business days. I wasn't angry, just stating a fact that is true for any skilled craftsperson. Sometimes I wonder if I am what people call autistic. Emotions confuse me quite often!

Comment

Never tried them, don't need the business, but glad to read your experiences.

Comment

I am not fond of Nextdoor. Most of people are looking for anything of cheap services. Sometimes someone asks for a groomer and I am praying that no one mentions about my shop.

Comment

I find some people are way dramatic on next door.

Comment

I don't want to feel like I am trying to win their business.

Comment

I don't both with Next door.

Comment

Next door is not popular here at all.

Comment

I chedked on next door and don't want to be a part of it.

Comment

Glad I don't need a lot of attention to social media. Been here long enough and have adequate clientele with very little attention to social media and just keep our website updated.

Comment

I have a cousin lives in my town, she is my secret Nextdoor ambassador. She does Nextdoor, I’ve actually recently gotten a new home boarding client from that board coming in June. 450$ addition to my coffers to board her two 🐶’s that week! Don’t mind if I do. But I have never put an effort into procuring a social media personality to build or maintain my business.

Comment

Working...
                              X