How to accept bitcoin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to accept bitcoin?

For people who currently accept bitcoin for payment, how is this done? I want to try it!

Yes pray tell, someone. I’m interested. I’d accept it. Perfect foundational way to make yourself invest. Doesn’t have to be the entire gross of your income, but invest the percentage you’re comfortable with. Intriguing idea. I feel it’s going to explode like Amazon, Tesla, MSFT and such. Yes it’s had it’s explosion once. If you got the timeline and the stomach for it, I would be in.

Comment

I am not promoting bitcoin but answering your questions.

You need to get a Bitcoin "wallet."

Others with BTC send some from their wallet your to wallet.

Formally, if you want to later get cash you have to go online to exchanges, follow their instructions to setup account, send your BTC to them if they are buying etc. They will send funds to your bank usually. They are usually KYC required, know your customer, meaning you have to setup an account with your full name and contact info, drivers license, SS number or other ID acceptable number, photo of you must be uploaded, and more. Much like if not same as buying stocks.

You must use powerful passwords and protect them utterly.

This article is good, covers many aspects.

https://coinrevolution.com/how-to-ac...t%20of%20times.
      Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

Comment

Thank you!!!
        Got my wallet. On my website I added bitcoin to payment options.

Comment

Originally posted by Emma123 View Post
          Thank you!!!
          Got my wallet. On my website I added bitcoin to payment options.
          Nice. You don’t procrastinate Emma.

Comment

for that article, better understand now.

Comment

Emma. Cashapp makes it easy peasy to accept payment, buy it or trade it. I’m accepting it for payment now.

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt99 View Post
                Emma. Cashapp makes it easy peasy to accept payment, buy it or trade it. I’m accepting it for payment now.
                And Venmo also lets you but and sell it now. So mainstream!

Comment

Emma it was also the first time I used the scan function on my phone being prompted to verify my identity by a state driver license or state id. They did not require a social security number, this I suspect as in FL we have the high tech licenses now. That requires your first born to establish. It’s the retinal eye scan they zoom in on like when I Uber and have to verify.
                  Last edited by Kurt99; 06-04-21, 07:59 AM.

Comment

If you start to accumulate an crypto and you would be stung bad if it was hacked, you need to move it off any exchange or apps. If they get hacked, 99% it is gone. Yes, gone. Rarely is your crypto insured when an exchange is hacked. You can buy something like a Ledger Nano that has extreme security system and you put a wallet on it, and send your crypto from app merchant or an exchange to the Ledger Nano device. Looks like a small flash drive. It uses 24 words for a password. If you lose the device and you have that long password, your crypto is still safe and you can restore it. You have to keep your 24 words in the safest of places but your crypto is not at risk on an exchange site. There are people though that have lost their 24 word password or similar, and millions of bucks can be lost. Some exchanges have been hacked. Most seasoned crypto people do use the Nano or similar device. Yes you can also earn high interest compared to banks on your crypto too. Several percent is common.
                    Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

Thanks very much for that important info admin.

Comment

Originally posted by Admin View Post
                        If you start to accumulate an crypto and you would be stung bad if it was hacked, you need to move it off any exchange or apps. If they get hacked, 99% it is gone. Yes, gone. Rarely is your crypto insured when an exchange is hacked. You can buy something like a Ledger Nano that has extreme security system and you put a wallet on it, and send your crypto from app merchant or an exchange to the Ledger Nano device. Looks like a small flash drive. It uses 24 words for a password. If you lose the device and you have that long password, your crypto is still safe and you can restore it. You have to keep your 24 words in the safest of places but your crypto is not at risk on an exchange site. There are people though that have lost their 24 word password or similar, and millions of bucks can be lost. Some exchanges have been hacked. Most seasoned crypto people do use the Nano or similar device. Yes you can also earn high interest compared to banks on your crypto too. Several percent is common.

Comment

My grandson uses the Ledger device. He showed me the 24 passwords and how he does it. What a world.

Comment

Grandma is trying to remain hip.

Comment

Okay crypto is INCREDIBLY almost IMPOSSIBLE to hack. The more I read, good gosh it only makes sense. As much as I might disagree with where things are going, this is it. It’s brilliantly minded.

Comment

Working...
                              X