Few tips or holiday gifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few tips or holiday gifts

I wonder what I am doing wrong. I read about how many of you get sweet gifts at Christmas. Most of my clients act like "Christmas? Oh, is that a thing?"
    I send cards. A couple of clients get little gifts from me. I would really appreciate those butter cookies or popcorn tins from the drug store. Even a big chocolate bar with a santa image! Anything to show they realize I am not a robot.
    A few clients are super kind. They are gems.
    I try hard and am reliable and gentle, but it is disappointing after 8 years to see that many clients don't see me as a person. Maybe I am misinterpreting. Every year I am surprised how there is no holiday spirit in my business.

Emma, that's so sad. I love those cookies and popcorn tins, too. It's probably the clientele you have. Older, wealthy New Yorkers. I'm generalizing, but a little selfish and phony folks who don't consider others much. (And, lets face it, cat people aren't as open and friendly as dog people LOL). Wear a Santa hat, put bows on your grooming bag, and wish them all a Merry Christmas (or Happy Hannukkah) and Happy New Year. They're lucky to have you.
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Hugs Emma, think about it. Some have shared some nice things they got, but those are those gem clients.

Comment

I get reasonable tips, no gifts. Sometimes a special tip so I don't get much more than you Emma. I know your prices are up there compared to our prices, maybe that has something to do with it?

Comment

Originally posted by KarlaSnyder View Post
          Wear a Santa hat, put bows on your grooming bag, and wish them all a Merry Christmas (or Happy Hannukkah) and Happy New Year. They're lucky to have you.
          What a good idea. Maybe I need to be the one to bring holiday spirit!

Comment

Originally posted by Moochie View Post
            I know your prices are up there compared to our prices, maybe that has something to do with it?
            Could be! Maybe they think I am getting rich. They probably don't know that housecall groomers only groom a few pets per day so as to go from place to place.

Comment

You all have made me feel so much better! A funny and nice thing is that the doctor at urgent care for my cat bite said she envied me for being a cat groomer. Imagine that! So I guess I am lucky in many ways.

Comment

I get a few nice Christmas tips but I too find it very disheartening that my very large clientelle is not as gracious as they should be. I bend over backwards to accomodate them and I always am sure they get their moneys worth and then some with every groom. Groomers are extremely under appreciated, especially when you compare them to "people groomers":/ Its not so easy being us.....Merry Christmas!

Comment

Would you like the gift I got today? Haha my last client.

Comment

Originally posted by Emma123 View Post
                    You all have made me feel so much better! A funny and nice thing is that the doctor at urgent care for my cat bite said she envied me for being a cat groomer. Imagine that! So I guess I am lucky in many ways.
                    Wait, you get bitten by a cat, go to urgent care, and the doctor there ENVIES you???? That’s hysterical!!!

Comment

We have gotten almost $1500 since Thanksgiving. Several gifts, all very special, but more tips than we had for the last 3 years put together. So Brian got a full week's paycheck. He's not complaining.
                      <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Remember, I give the dogs toys and I take photos of every puppy that comes in from mid November Until January 1. I think my clients all lo e those touches. I also do bows, collar bows, bow ties and bandanas. All those things make a difference.
                        <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Only one gift for me but many brought gifts for my personal dogs (I am HB, so they get to see my dogs). Cash tips were down a bit but things are tough for some out there, so I understand. I would rather they spend any money they have to spare to make their young children have a nice Christmas.
                          Merry Christmas to all!
                          Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Oh, they also bring treats for my horse, he likes to show off for them, lol.
                            Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Please don't turn this into a thread about all the love your clients showed you, as I sit looking at the lumps of coal in my Christmas stocking. That is all I ask😝🥲

Comment

Working...
                              X