Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spam/Scam?

My business phone is my cell phone.
    I am listed with Google business listings.
    Received a text a few weeks ago that said Google detected that my business number is a cell phone, and that under updated policy I must opt in to receive sms from customers or else the mobile number will be removed from the listing within 29 days. I did not reply.
    This week I received another text, from a different phone #, that says I have been selected to allow potential customers to reach me through text messaging for my business number. It asks if I want to verify my number for this new free program. I did not reply.
    Have no idea what google business, if indeed that is who is sending this stuff, has to do with my cell phone service?
    This last one tells me this FREE service can potentially bring 20% more customers for my business during covid.
    Not much of an incentive to me as I am not taking new clients, but what is this about?

Do you have your Google business verified as yours? If not do that. Then you'll have control over your Google listing. I have an idea those are scams, but I don't know for sure. Registering with Google is going to protect you in any event.
    <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

I got the same text. I ignored it. Unfortunately, there are so many scams these days.

Comment

Yes I am verified.
        Curious to see if anyone has a handle on what it’s about.

Comment

Got this, scam or more spam in a way.

Comment

I must have got 25 more today. I think with the holidays approaching they increase junk emails.

Comment

Scam for sure I got it today.

Comment

Working...
              X