Heartbroken over the loss of my horse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heartbroken over the loss of my horse

It's been two weeks since I had to put my 19year old horse down and I'm still heartbroken. I only got him February 2012. I've known him since 2001 and he had always been my favorite horse. I hadn't seen him or his owner for 10 years... opportunity arose for me to buy him last year and I jumped on it! A month later I broke my arm while riding him... Completely snapped my right humurus in half. I couldn't groom for 3 months. This spring he got sick and nothing could be done for him, the vet suspects cancer, but we never were able to find out for sure. I am at such a loss, I feel bitter... Why did it take so long for me to be reunited with him and finally get the horse of my dreams, only for him to be taken from me so soon. He was truly a one of a kind gentleman... My 2 year old daughter even rode him in a few lead line horse shows, he was so docile. RIP RascalClick image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21370399640.425576.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	163.3 KB
ID:	1137671

I love the way you refer to him as a gentleman. I know what you mean when you say that. Some animals have that special quality. I am sorry that you had a short time with him, but am happy that he was given respect and affection by you, especially during the final stages of his life.

Comment

Thank you for the kind words. This has been a very hard pill swallow. He meant so much to me. I am so blessed to have known him.

Comment

That is heartbreaking, absolutely. Some are just so special, and when they are taken before they should be, it is very, very tough - we always want them longer even when they have a full life, and to lose them early is so unfair!

So, so sorry for your loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Debbiedogs View Post
          That is heartbreaking, absolutely. Some are just so special, and when they are taken before they should be, it is very, very tough - we always want them longer even when they have a full life, and to lose them early is so unfair!

So, so sorry for your loss.
          Thank you Debbiedogs. It felt good to get my feelings out. My poor husband has been watching my cry every day for the past several weeks.

Comment

He was a beautiful boy,, so sorry for your loss.

Comment

Originally posted by RudyRoo View Post
              He was a beautiful boy,, so sorry for your loss.
              Thank you

Comment

Rascal was a handsome guy.....sorry for your lost.

We recently had to "put down" (I hate that expression and much as I hate "put to sleep") a 24 year old mare.

Even though she was a recent rescue and we hardly really knew her, it was still a hard decision to make. So I feel for you.

Scott

Comment

Rascal's picture reminds me of the horse I had as a teenager. My friends put "Mr" in front of his name because he too was a gentleman. I'm glad Rascal got to live with you even if it wasn't for as long as you had hoped.

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss. I think the loss of a horse a huge loss. He was simply gorgeous.

Debbie
                    Debbie
                    There's always room for another rose in the garden.

Comment

I have been in your shoes several times with horses.......it is an excrutiating hurt. He is a beautiful animal and know how you miss him. Having to put down any animal is so hard, but having to make that decision for a big beautiful creature is a special kind of pain. I lost my Arabian mare 140 days after she foaled (colic). We worked with her all day to no avail. I had a foal to deal with in addition to losing my mare. You will feel the lose for a while but it will get better...Best Wishes

Comment

Working...
                      X