Tribute to Max, a very special dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tribute to Max, a very special dog

My daughter decided today was the day to her put beloved Max to sleep. He is a beautiful Alaskan Malamute. We are guessing he was close to 14 yrs old. He came to us many summers ago from the animal shelter. My daughter, Lisa was at girls camp and my other daughter, Pam and I went to the shelter to see if there were any dogs that appealed to us. Lisa had mentioned that she would really like a large dog, something like a GSD, she was tired of the little Poms and just wanted something bigger. Max was the second dog we saw and we knew right away that he was the one. He was probably 3-4 yrs old. We brought him home. He got along just great with the little dogs and the cat. Lisa wasn't going to be home for another couple of days so I was a little worried that Max would bond to one of us. Didn't have to worry about that at all. The instant, and I mean instant he saw Lisa he was right by her side and never left it. He was her shadow. He got along with everyone and every thing. Lisa also had a horse and he was right there when she would go riding, trotting along next to her horse. He was a dream come true. He helped Lisa through her cancer. He helped her through broken hearts. He went to Bryce Canyon, Ut when she worked there. He was just the best dog ever.
    He will be miss
    Attached Files
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. He was a beautiful boy. I'm happy for him and your daughter that they got to share so many years together.

Comment

What a beautiful photo

of a beautiful boy!
      Sincere condolences to you and your daughter.
      I know for you it hurts twice. You mourn for your daughter & for Max.

Hugs
      Erica

Comment

Diane, I'm so sorry you had to put him down, that is terribly sad. I hope your daughter is ok with it.

That was a very unselfish act. I can't imagine doing the same if I were in your shoes, that is so unselfish.

Tammy in Utah
        Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

He sounds like a very loved boy. You rescued him and he spent the rest of his life trying to rescue you right back. That is what it's all about. I am so sorry, rest in peace Max.

Comment

Thank you all for you kind words. Yes it was very difficult to do, but his age was really showing on him and he just wasn't the happy boy he use to be. Lisa had decided she just couldn't let him suffer any longer. As he was taking his last few breaths she felt such a peace come over her that she knew she had done the right thing. He is now forever with us in the backyard. She bought flowers to put on his grave. She had to have a white flower that would bloom every year. I asked her why it had to be white, she said because it reminded her of what Heaven must be like, clean and pure, just as Max was to her.

Tammy, as you can see by reading this, Lisa was very ok with it.
            "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
            Diane

Comment

That is one of the hardest decisions you can ever make, and it sounds like it was definately the RIGHT decision. I am so glad that she and Max were able to belong to each other for so long! Huggs to her and you.
              SheilaB from SC

Comment

Oh Diane, I am so sorry! He's such a beautiful boy! I am glad that your daughter had him as long as she did, I know she has many wonderful memories. that'a also so great that she has a peace about it, I sure hope I do when it's my turn!
                Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

I am so sorry for your lose. I am crying while I type this. Tell your daughter I am so sorry and that I will pray for here healing.

Comment

Working...
                  X