Rudy, I will miss you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rudy, I will miss you.

Rudy was one of my two MinPins. He suffered multiple organ failure yesterday and we had to have him put down. Two weeks ago we found out about the Natural Balance recall and I was devastated because they had both been on the Venison & Brown Rice. Tests showed that there was some damage but we thought they would be OK.

We got to have our last walk together and sat in the sunshine for a while and then they let me hold him while they put him down. It was heartbreaking as he was my very first dog and I thought we would have a lot more than just 7 years together. We had rescued him from the Humane Society after he had been abandoned in a park. So while his time with us was short he certainly had a better life.

We will miss him greatly and I hope and pray that Rocky will not go down the same path.

The only good thing is that I will at least be grooming with him in spirit as I will be working out of my vets clinic doing some grooming. We asked that he be cremated and his ashes returned to us in an urn. At some point we will find a nice place to sprinkle his ashes.

RIP Rudy (1999-2007
    Attached Files

How sad. I am so sorry. Take care.

Comment

My deepest sympathy to you

May you have some peace, at this very difficult time, knowing you gave him a great life.

Erica

Comment

Sorry for your Loss....

SneakyPaws, you and your family have my condolences for your loss. I hope that you all find peace and comfort knowing that you gave Rudy a better life and were blessed having him in your lives.

My prayers are with you all,
        Be Blessed.

Comment

So sorry for the loss of your little guy. You and your other little guy will be in my thoughts & prayers. Take care.

Comment

Thank You

Thank you so much for your kind words of support. I still can't believe his gone. My other MinPin, Rocky, is so depressed.

Comment

I'm sorry for your loss, that is just devastating. Hopefully your Rocky will cheer up, or maybe you can find him another little friend who may need a home.

Take care of yourself while you are going through this.

Tammy in Utah
              Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

I am so sorry for your loss. Words can't heal, but time will.

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear about Rudy. I'm sorry you have to feel the pain of losing your special friend. His life may have been short, but I'm sure every day he knew how much he was loved. Take care.
                  don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

What a handsome boy he was!!! I am so sorry you lost him in such a unexpected and tragic way. Those darn recalls, it seems like the fallout from them will never end! My heart is with you and your family and I hope Rocky starts to feel better soon.
                    SheilaB from SC

Comment

Thanks everyone... Rocky is still sad but he's starting to feel better... Today he barked at the mailman so that's a good sign. Still can't believe that my 'snuggler' is gone but slowly I'm starting to feel better.

Comment

My heart goes out to you...Lost one of my baby girls in Nov. Hope Happy memories come up to help and give you a smile. He was Blessed to have you, as you were him. A Handsome fella!

Comment

So very sorry for your loss. Hope Rocky is doing better, barking at the mailman is a sign of improvement.

I also have a Min Pin, Pixie, she is almost 12 yrs old. It will be a very sad day when she leaves this world, not one I'm looking forward to. I lost my very first Min Pin over 35 yrs ago, she was one special girl. Time does help heal, but they are never forgotten.
                          "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                          Diane

Comment

Working...
                          X