When your dogs kill your other pets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When your dogs kill your other pets

Well, today is a very, very sad day. My Maine Coon cat is no longer here. He used to come into my grooming van at the end of the day and sit and watch me. I left my van door open yesterday after working just to air it out. I put my dogs into the van last night when we went to a birthday dinner (I am having a pee issue in my home and I just didn't have the energy to come home to clean up more pee) - never even thinking to look in there for Rocky. Well, I found him this morning - dead in my van. I am heartsick, mad at myself and certainly wishing that I just came come to clean up pee. He was trapped in my van with four dogs - two boxers, two poodles. What have I done?????? OMG. I am so sick that I can't bear to go in there to go to work today. And what is worse? I don't want any of my animals anymore. I am physicallly sick, mentally sick, and emotionally sick over this incident. SOS.

My heart goes out to you...and I'm very sorry for your loss.
    "The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is in fact the most precious and valuable possession of mankind"-Theodorus Gaza

Comment

OMG Gally...my heart goes out to you. I am so, so, so, sorry.
      BTDT. Sibes and kitty.
      People will go on about "the nature of the beast" and such...but it never really made me feel any better. It's just truly sickening, and it's something I never forgot or forgave myself about.
      I wish I knew what to say to make you feel a little better...but I found that I just had to go thru the process of beating the crp out of myself, the guilt, the grief, the sadness, and eventually trying to put the whole incident in perspective...and that is it wasn't really my dogs' fault.

It takes time, and I personally felt like it was ok to be very angry at my dogs, as long as I didn't allow myself to take it out on them.
      I was fortunate in that I ran the kennel at the time...and just parked them there for 3 days until I worked thru some of my emotions.
      I even had my sister take them there for me...as I knew I just needed them out of my line of emotional fire for a bit.

I'm sorry Gally.
      Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

OMG, Gally, you poor, poor dear. I can't even begin to imagine how upset you must be. Im so very sorry this happened.
        Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
        George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

OH my Gally! I'm soo so sorry this has happened to you. But it was an accident and accidents happen.
          A Light exists in Spring, Not present on the Year, At any other period -- When March is scarcely here...~~ Emily Dickensen~~

Comment

Oh wow! I am soooo.... sorry! I think you need to allow yourself to greive first and calm down and think things through. Of course it was an accident. Maybe have someone watch your dogs for a couple of days away from your home. You will probly start missing them and want them back. IDK. Just give it time. Try to forgive the dogs. They need another chance. Again I am sooo... sorry. I have never had this situation befor so I am just trying to think if it was me.
            I'll say a little prayer for you.

Comment

Poor Gally 22. I'm sure Rocky forgives you from Heaven. All Kitties go to Heaven, you know.
              Last edited by Smart-n-Pretty; 04-24-10, 11:19 AM.
              "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
              People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Oh Gally....I'm so sorry and can't imagine how you feel.

(((((((HUGS))))))))
                ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
                Apparently common sense isn't all that common
                *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

So Sorry that this happened to you.

Comment

So, so sorry for what you are going through. Accidents happen and some are greater than others. I do agree with others that if possible, you need a little seperation from the dogs short-term. I have no doubt that my two tervs. would do the same thing to my kitties in a similar situation. But I also think with time, I could forgive them and realize it was instincts taking over and I would still want my dogs. Hope you can find some comfort soon and I will say a prayer for you.
                    Lisa VanVleet, RVT

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you. ((( HUG )))
                      "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I am soo sorry...time will help you work through your feelings..it was an accident...take time for yourself to sort through your emotions..try to give yourself a little distance-it may help..again, I am sorry

Comment

I suggest you board the dogs out until you calm down a bit and get past this episode.

What happened was unintentional on your part and natural on theirs. Nobody is to blame. Not you, not them.

It was an accident.

Comment

Oh, you poor thing. Jane, I know you enough to know how much you are beating yourself up over this. The same thing would happen if my dogs were to get locked up with my cat, which could easily happen. It doesn't make them bad dogs. I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better. (((hugs)))
                            don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Thank you for your responses. My husband - who really doesn't want any pets (can you believe he is married to me?) handled this for us. He just told me that he buried him "really nice", and said a prayer. Thank god I have him.....

Comment

Working...
                              X