Tawney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tawney

I found some pics on the computer of Tawney I thought I would share. The first (if I get them in the right order) is from before I had met my husband. She was probably about a year or so in it, and the cute man in the pic is my dear husband. She was full of SO much energy and would do anything to play fetch with her tennis ball. The second is from Halloween 2006. It was my very first attempt at color. I was so afraid of getting color around her eyes her face is still white. She was actually a darker blue than the pictures show. My son (Steven) was Steve from Blues Clues and Tawney, of course, was supposed to be Blue. The last is the most recent I have on the computer from last May. She's chewing on something I think in the pic. She looks so much worse than even that last pic now. DH likes her to look scruffy and never let me cut the fur on top of her head. That would have been a cardinal sin! She's alseep right now on the snow pants my daughter once again forgot to hang up, but she's comfy so I'm not complaining.
    Oh, found one more, it's really fuzzy, I was pregnant with my first when we had this one taken, but you can see how cute she was.
    Attached Files
    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

What a cool looking cocker! I can tell this is a family member that will always be missed. There are some animals that just touch our hearts more than others and this sounds like one. Prayers to your family during this difficult time.

Comment

She looked like a good little dog. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Comment

I'd like to share some stories about Tawney if no one minds.

This dog was a mjor PITA when I met her LOL. My husband, well, he belonged to her in her eyes and I was the intruder. She was actually supposed to be his ex wifes dog, bought while they were still married, but when the marriage disolved he took Tawney and she took the cat. Apparently, Tawney never bonded with her and was always his dog.
        The first time I met Tawney she tried to bite me LOL. What spunk she had, and NO discipline. S he was 2 1/2 and not spayed. Hubby was thinking of breeding her, which I very quickly quashed! Once we were dating more seriously I had her spayed. (of course with his blessing).
        She hated, and I mean, hated small children. She would try to nip them if they came too close and enjoyed running and barking in their faces until they fell down crying, then she would trot off with this look of supreme satisfaction. Her tennis ball was ALWAYS in her mouth. She didn't give it to anyone but my DH most of the time when she wanted to play fetch.
        As time wore on and I worked with Tawney she did improve. She settled down a bit, but she was ALWAYS the top dog (or thought she was). My dog Lady has always been submissive and didn't care that Tawney wanted to be top dog. I used to call her the Beta, since I am always the Alpha with my dogs. She didn't seem to want to give up her Alpha role which DH had allowed her to claim easily. I think she stayed up nights plotting on the best ways to get rid of me and making it look like and accident! But as I continued to take care of her and we all lived together she did warm a bit, slowly to me. She accepted my presence. Then I brought another dog home, Molly, the 11 year old poodle, and she was not happy about that.
        When we moved to NY and bought a house she adjusted well. Then I found out I was pregnant. I was worried about Tawney. Even with my neice I couldn't trust her. Then during my pregnancy Tawney lost all sight in one eye due to an aggressive form of cataract. She also lost some sight in the other eye. Now I was REALLY worried, what would a BLIND dog do with a child? But when I was pregnant Tawney suddenly became my protector, she followed me everywhere, was always next to me or in my lap. Suddenly she seemed to really care about me.
        I brought Evie home from the hospital and Tawney was the only one who showed any interest in her. When Evie cried, Tawney would whimper and run around trying to figure out what to do. The day I knew Tawney would be ok was the day I was changing Evie in her pack n play and she was crying. Tawney ran over, got on her hind quarters and placed her tennis ball next to evie. Her pride and joy, something she didn't give to just anyone. She was very protective of both of them as infants and would stand guard if they were in their bouncers. As they grew and toddled around she never even hinted at snapping at them. At most, she'd get up and move.
        We had a lot of fun times over the years. Though I missed her first couple, I've been here for most of her life. I remember when DH and I lived in an apartment, we'd take her out to tha back parking lot to play with her "outside" ball, since she would destroy tennis balls, I bought a solid rubber ball. But it was too heavy to play in the house. I was inside and heard him screaming for me to come out. Apparently he had been throwing the ball for her and she, of course, would be tearing after it. Well, it hit a step and bounced back and hit her square between the eyes and knocked her out. By the time I got out there she was coming around, wobbly, but she shook it off and was ready for him to throw again.
        I don't know if he will ever had a dog that bonds with him like this again. All of the dogs we have gotten since we met have bonded to me. I feel kind of bad that even the dogs we adopted that were supposed to be his have never really taken to him.
        Thanks for letting me share about Tawney. She is a unique girl.
        What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Mylady,
          I'm deeply sorry for your loss. Wishing you and your family peace and healing.

Comment

So very sorry for your loss.
            "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
            Diane

Comment

What a beautiful girl. I am so sorry for your loss.
              Mandy, Birdie, Evie, Willie and The Woo
              Check out my Blog at doggydivasdish.com

Comment

Thank you for sharing her story.

So sorry for your loss. She will be waiting for all of you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Comment

Working...
                X