RIP Winter AND Spike (tomorrow)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Winter AND Spike (tomorrow)

OMG, I am going tomorrow to put BOTH of my old st poos to sleep. Help me get through this .....I don't know how I am going to do it. Spike has been getting bad (still happy but decrepid and getting hard to move around) for a while (he's 14), and Winter (13) has a cancerous growth in her mouth that has absolutely exploded over the last few weeks...I noticed yesterday that she can't drink water now because of how big it is (vet recommended not removing it a few months ago when I first noticed it) and where it is located-I have been giving her water out of a turkey baster and feeding canned food so she is at least comfortable until tomorrow. I am just beside myself...They are 1/2 brother and sister (same dam), and have been partners in crime for the last 13 years. <sigh>

oh my goodness, my thoughts are with you... Just remember you are doing what is best for them. It is never easy...but you have to put the dogs best interest ahead of our own...

hugs,
    Amante

Comment

OMG I'm so very sorry to hear this. I can't imagine having to do this. It’s going to be really hard. Let your mind be at ease that you know that you gave them both a good life and that they had a long one. For me I always have to get a new dog when I put one down it works for me but may not work for everyone. I just helps me to have something happy to focus on. I will keep you in my prayers tonight and tomorrow.

Comment

I am so sorry you have to go through this But love on them and be strong you are putting them ahead of your own feelings which is the most important thing. Big hugs

Comment

I do know what you are going through, my golden is 15 yrs and she is starting to have more bad days than good. I really thought that we were going to have a sweet 16 birthday for her this year. She doesnt have to much time with us, and I will not make her suffer she has been a great family member.

Comment

Gosh, I know there is nothing I can say that will make your task any easier, but my heart goes out to you and your family during this difficult time. I admire your strength and courage to do what is right for your beloved Winter and Spike. I find it re-assuring that they will have each other for company as they cross the Rainbow Bridge.
            "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Oh Veronica, I know we talked about this happening, but so sorry to hear the day has finally come. Spike and Winter are both good dogs, and its hard to let them go, but you know its time when they are suffering. I'll be thinking of you guys tomorrow.

Comment

I am so sorry. A few years back I lost both my dogs on the same day. As heartbreaking as this was for me, I was able to take some comfort in the fact that they went together, were burried together, and were still playing together free of the boundries of old age over the rainbow bridge. I hope you will be able to have the same sense of peace when it is all over, after the tears of course. You're in my thoughts.

Comment

My thoughts and prayers will be with you. Just remember they'll both we waiting for you on the Rainbow Bridge.
                  My Blog: <a href="http://groomwise.typepad.com/in_the_dogs_house/">In the Dogs' House Groomwise Blog</a>

Comment

So sorry for what you are going through. I can't imagine having to let go of two at one time. When I put one of my babies down, I clip some hair from right over their heart, I put it in a glass globe ornament with their name painted on it.
                    Lisa VanVleet, RVT

Comment

Oh, how hard for you! I'm so sorry.

Comment

I'm so very sorry. <<<<<HUGS>>>>>

QUOTE=borzoimom;393747] When I put one of my babies down, I clip some hair from right over their heart, I put it in a glass globe ornament with their name painted on it.[/QUOTE]

What a sweet way to remember your babies. Wish I'd had known of it years ago, but I'll remember it with the ones I have now.
                        "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                        Diane

Comment

I'm so sorry. That is so sad. I know they had a beautiful life with you and your family {HUG}
                          www.gomobileandsucceed.com
                          http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

borzoimom, that is lovely. When my horse and foal died (labor complications), it killed me losing them both on the same day. I clipped the forelock from the foal, and the tail from my mare. I had them braided into a really beautiful bracelet, which I have hanging around a sculpture of my mare's head. Its nice to have something to remember them by after they are gone. Where do you get your globes?

Comment

I'm here for you! You know I lost my Andre this week. It's hard to do, but know that you are doing the right thing. I am sooo sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X