My Sasha

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Sasha

I had Sasha put down today. Her back end just totally gave out on her. She came out of the bedroom yesterday morning and was swaying back and forth. She made it to the kitchen and just fell over. She tried off and on throughout the day to get up, but couldn't. I tried to help her, used a towel as a sling to hold her up, and she just couldn't put any weight on her back legs at all. She looked so tired. So, we made the trip to the vet.
    I handled things alot better than I did a few weeks ago when I was going to put her down and backed out. But this time I knew that it was time for her to go.

I adopted her when she was 3 months old and she's been my best friend for 17 1/2 years. We've had a good time together (even though she's gone through 2 windows trying to catch squirrels, broke my mother's leg, and has destroyed the house countless times from getting into the garbage and the fridge). She has been the best dog I've ever had..can't ask for anymore than that. I am going to miss her so much. Love you Sash.

Oh, I am so sorry. I didn't realize that she was 17 1/2. You must have done everything right in raising this girl and providing for her. She was lucky to have such a freind as you. In time, you'll be able to look back and smile for the memories. Keep strong.
    don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Wow, what a life---you have done that dog good. I also think you did the right thing by waiting a bit. That's a long life, a long good life.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Tammy in Utah
      Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

So sorry!

Jessica, I'm so sorry! I had no idea that she was 17 1/2 years old. That's amazing, I know that she had a good, long life with you. My thoughts are with you!
        Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

What a sweet girl, the feisty ones are always fun to remember. Cause now all those times you rolled your eyes at them, and grumbled about what a stinker they could be, brings back joy now. I'm so sorry you had to lose her, but what a great time you must've had with her. 17 yrs worth of wonderful memories. Enjoy them, it helps so much.
          Erin
          No Fur, No Paws, No Service.

Comment

very sad news

Jessica, I'm so sorry to hear about Sasha. Been dreading the day I would see this post. There's nothing harder than losing a special friend that has been with you through so many years. You are in my thoughts and prayers, and I hope that your memories will bring you comfort in the days ahead.

Comment

Sasha was so fortunate.

I am feeling so sorry for your loss. Sasha has touched my heart from her pic. Sweet, smiling dog. No more pain and confusion for her, I hope the pain of loss for you will be overcome by the memories of her when she romped.

Comment

I am so sorry, i know what she meant to you.
                Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
                "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

Wow, 17 1/2 yrs old. What a long happy life she has lead. Kept you on your toes it sounds like, never a dull moment. Think of all the good memories you are going to have to pick from in years to come!
                  You have done the right thing by her. You loved her and cared for her, and the best thing, she loved you right back.
                  "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                  Diane

Comment

Working...
                  X