Fairwell to Diamond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairwell to Diamond

She was a great friend and companion for 14 years. In then end I know the decision we made was the right one, but I hurts like hell. We will miss her dearly. We will never forget how she touched our lives. She was such a special dog. She always new when we were upset or did not feel good. She was one of a kind.
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Oh, you must be heartbroken. I am so sorry.
    don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

I'm so Sorry for your lost !!!!!!!. I do have a 14 years old my self ..........

Comment

Lisa God Bless and know we are crying with you she is in a better place and will be waiting to be reunited with you when you cross over to the bridge
        "Whoever Said That Money Can't Buy Happiness Forgot About Puppies"
        Nancy

Comment

So sad for you and your family. Sorry for your loss of your special Diamond. She sounded like a great dog.

Comment

I just keep second guessing myself. I was with her when they put her down. That was the hardest thing I have ever had to do. My eyes look like someone punched me. I am so tired, I just want to go to sleep, but hubby had to go to work and I have Autumn to take care of.

Comment

Oh, no. Lisa, I'm so sorry for your loss. Even when we know the time is coming, it doesn't make the decision any easier. I'm glad you were able to stay with her at the end - I know that she was comforted having you there. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Awww, I so sorry for losing your dog, it affects us so much cause they are so much a part of your life and will be greatly missed. I'm sure you made the right decision for your dog and that's is what is most important.

Comment

Thank you all. It is kind of lonely here tonight. Tobler is a great comfort along with Autumn. Hubby is working and the house is so quiet.

Comment

Lisa, I know how you've been wrestling with the decision, and how hard this was for you. It's normal to second guess yourself. And third guess yourself. But deep down you know you made the right decision. Give yourself time, don't beat yourself up over it, and understand that everything you're feeling is normal.

Everyone grieves in their own way, in their own time. Guilt, anger, and doubt are all parts of the process. In time you'll feel acceptance. The floor won't look so empty, and the house won't sound so quiet. I know it's hard. But you'll get there.

Comment

Lisa, I thought of you while I was at work Yesterday, as you had told me you were going to put her down, and I wondered how you were doing and if you really did go through with it. This has been a very hard road for you, and I know it will hurt for a while more. You will second guess yourself and that is normal. Time will heal, and you will be able to think more clearly and realize that you did the right thing. You always did in the past for Diamie, why would this be any different? You will be ok in time.

You're in my thoughts.

Tammy
                      Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss, my dear! Isn't it nice to be able to give our pets relief from suffering though? We can't explain to them why they have to hurt, or console them when they are scared because they have gone blind or something else...it is harder on us for it to not happen naturally, but I hope you can find that what you did for your baby was the best gift you could give.

Comment

14 years can leave a big hole in your heart..i know, i had to let my heeler go at 18 years old..i felt so empty. i wrestled with the decision for a year..finally i had to let her go, she was living just for me, not for herself..let yourself greive for as long as it takes. i now have my Ellie-mae, my wire doxie who steals all the inserts out of all our shoes on a daily basis and we love her dearly. i will never forget my "kiwi" and you will never forget your Diamond, but hopfully you will have more loved ones to say 'no-no' to.

Comment

Lisa I am so sorry I just got back to the boards today and saw your post. I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better.

Comment

Lisa I'm so sorry to hear about Diamond. So very sorry for your loss. These silly dogs get into our hearts and it is just so hard to say good by to them when the time comes.
                              It is such a hard thing that we all at one time or another will have to do to help the pets we love so much. Cry all you want, it's good for you. I still cry about Ace, he has been gone just a couple of months, and it makes me feel a little better.
                              "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
                              Diane

Comment

Working...
                              X