My dear pets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dear pets

This year was the hardest year of my life. My husband were getting ready to sell our house and move to another town to build a home, and all of a sudden my cat, Riley, started throwing up and acting sick. I took him right away to the vet and he had bladder stones again that were stuck. The quote was so high we could never afford it and he was already so sick our only choice was to have him put down. He was a great cat, very cool. Then after we moved my old diabetic got sick and was time for him to go to heaven as well. This was about 3 months after Riley, his name was Marcus. Then if that is not bad enough about a month later my Border Collie, Abby, all of a sudden snapped and started to attack the other dogs in our house hold. She was only about 6 years old, she was a stray that I adobted when I was doing my interenship at OSU for my vet tech classes. She was my best friend, we were so close. The vet and I both agreed that there was something metally wrong with her and probably had to do with being hit by a car as a pup. We talked about adobting her out, but she could not be trusted with childern or other pets. So it was best to have her put down. I do not think I have ever cried so hard in my life. I know life goes on for me, my family needed me, but I was so devistated. Losing three pets in the matter of a few months was so hard. I Know that they are all in a better place and they are happy and health now. I will never for get them. My husband was great and got me a standard poodle, Holly, for Chirstmas this year to try and help my sadness. Her pic is above. I love her dearly already, but nothing beats the ones I have lost. Thanks for listening to me spill my heart out, it is helpful to write it all down.

i can totally relate...2006 was a tough one for us also...our 12 year old ridgeback lost the muscle in his esophogus and could barely swallow, i would tilt his head back and drop food and water down his throat,but he was getting thinner and thinner..we had to put him down. then our other 10 year old ridgeback was diognosed with lung cancer...she lasted about a month..we had to put her down. then our 3 year old catahula got really bloated and lost all condition, was skin and bones, he got better for a while and $3300.00 later he relapsed and passed away.(the vet really never knew what was wrong, liver failure of some sort in my opinion) and back on christmas eve of 2005 i had to put my 18 year old heeler, KIWI to sleep..her time was up. thank god i have my little wire hair dachshund Ellie Mae...she will be 2 in may.

Comment

One of the hardest things about having pets is the certainty that we will outlive them. I am so sorry for your horrible year and the loss of your pets! I commend you for not trying to adopt out your Boarder Collie, but taking the responsibility of doing what need to be done in everyone's best interest. Think of how much worse you would feel if you had adopted her out and discovered that she had hurt her new owners child or pet. This happened to a customer of mine. That being said, I know it doesn't ease your heartbreak any more.
      Concentrate your love and affection on your new puppy (what a beauty!), and give your hubby extra smooches for being such a great guy! This will be a better year for you I am sure!!!
      SheilaB from SC

Comment

It's hard enough to lose one of your pets- to lose three within such a short time must be so heartbreaking! Love your new puppy lots, and hope things get easier for you.

Comment

Your pets are so fortunate to have such a loving and caring friend and caretaker. You did what they counted on you to do for them which is to be strong and make the decisions that were best for them. I'm sure that they are proud and grateful for the loving care that you provided them throughout their lives and for your heartfelt, thoughtful care and strength to make the best choices for them in the end. I'm sure that your fur babies are very proud and grateful. Warmest thoughts and prayers for strength and hope to get you through this difficult time.

Comment

Thank you everyone, you all have made tears come to my eyes. Not to many peopel understand what I had to do and why, so it is nice to have the support of others who know what I have gone through. Thank You!!!!

Comment

Pets are very lucky, they still have people who can choose when ENOUGH is ENOUGH for them. They have the right to not be in pain. ALthough your decisions were hard we know you did what was best. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Wow. my heart goes out to you. I know how much I am hurting from the loss of one pet. I think they would have to commit me if I lost another.
                If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

I'm another one who understands what you've gone through. I lost 5 of my pets in a fire back in January of 2006 (a 1 year old toy poodle, a Maine Coon cat and 3 birds). A week later we had to euthanize our golden/shepard who had hemangiosarcmo. I've never cried so much for so long. It was definitely the worst time in my life. It is painful, but yoou've come to the right place. There are many here who understand.
                  don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

Working...
                  X