Neem Leaf Extract or Petzlife Oral Care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Emma123
    Grand Champion & Club 5,000
    • Oct 2011

Neem Leaf Extract or Petzlife Oral Care?

My 8 year old Chihuahua Mix has dental plaque. The vet is not eager to do a teeth cleaning because Mango is epileptic. Mango will let me apply liquid using a q-tip, so I tried using Petzlife. He doesn't mind the taste too much, but he clearly doesn't like it.
    I don't want to do this to him if it won't make a difference, as he doesn't enjoy it.
    Which is more effective? Petzlife oral care or Neem leaf extract (diluted 50/50 with water)?
  • wild4westies
    Standard Member & Club 1,000
    • Sep 2011

I am not a fan of neem. My personal natural solution is to add probiotics to your dogs food, and also brushing his teeth with coconut oul, which has natural anti-microbial properties. Dogs love the taste too! You could also rub the coconut oul onto Mango’s gums with your finger if the gums are sensitive to brushing.

Comment

• Emma123
      • Oct 2011

Will this help dissolve the plaque that has formed?

Originally posted by wild4westies View Post
      I am not a fan of neem. My personal natural solution is to add probiotics to your dogs food, and also brushing his teeth with coconut oul, which has natural anti-microbial properties. Dogs love the taste too! You could also rub the coconut oul onto Mango’s gums with your finger if the gums are sensitive to brushing.

Comment

• CosmonautRik
        • Nov 2016

I have a tiny 10# pug with epilepsy and plaque!

I've found petzlife gel in the AM and the petzlife spray in the evening as well as a dental foam has been a lifesaver for us! I did this religiously for a month and holy heck I saw results!

Best of luck to you!!

Comment

• Emma123
          • Oct 2011

Cool!
          Which dental foam did you use?

Originally posted by CosmonautRik View Post
          I have a tiny 10# pug with epilepsy and plaque!

I've found petzlife gel in the AM and the petzlife spray in the evening as well as a dental foam has been a lifesaver for us! I did this religiously for a month and holy heck I saw results!

Best of luck to you!!

Comment

• CosmonautRik
            • Nov 2016

Originally posted by Emma123 View Post
            Cool!
            Which dental foam did you use?

Gordon's breath smells so much nicer after this stuff!

Comment

Working...
            X