ResiCORT for Demodex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ResiCORT for Demodex?

For two pittie puppies vet has them on Cephloxin and Ivermectin. The skin is crusty with some bleeding. I am bathing them every four days in a vet approved shampoo but theres no conditioner. I want them to buy ResiCort for this. Would you agree or disagree that this is an appropriate product for that? Thanks in advance.

I would check with vet first - as it has hydrocortisone - I would think they might not want it so they can see if the dog is responding to the ivermctin regime. Just got through fostering a dog with generalized demodex and we used shampoo only (Pyoben) until the dog was clear of mites for two scrapings in a row.

Comment

Ok thx

Comment

I agree. I wouldnt do it because cortisone reduces the dogs immune response. If you do that you are likely going to cause more problems. Its one reason they dont usually give prednisone to dogs with mange....the reason there is cracking and breaking is more the mites than the shampoo and lack of conditioner IMO. This is not a fun nor easy condition to deal with.
        <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Particentral View Post
          I agree. I wouldnt do it because cortisone reduces the dogs immune response. If you do that you are likely going to cause more problems. Its one reason they dont usually give prednisone to dogs with mange....the reason there is cracking and breaking is more the mites than the shampoo and lack of conditioner IMO. This is not a fun nor easy condition to deal with.
          ok thanks

Comment

Working...
          X