Milk Thistle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milk Thistle

I can't find the thread, but it was mentioned that Milk Thistle can help with mast cell tumors. Does anyone know if it helps at all with nerve sheath cancer? One of my most favorite golden clients was just diagnosed with this and I'm just wondering if it might help....

It was ChassyGirl providing an update on her girl Chevrolet. If you go to that thread (2nd page in General Talk) you can ask, or maybe PM her directly.
    Don't know anything else about the use of Milk Thistle. Maybe a holistic vet could answer your question.

Comment

Thanks for finding the thread for me!

Comment

Milk thistle is most often used to purify and strengthen the liver, help it deal with medications, lower enzyme levels, etc. That is what my vet (traditional chinese medicine) uses it for. It's possible there are many other uses, definitely consult a holistic vet first though to be sure it doesn't affect any meds.

Comment

Another place for info would be Dr. Karen Beckers site. Just google her name,you will find lots and lots of great info!

sittingpretty

Comment

Thanks for the info, I will pass it along. They are willing to try anything (they opted not to do chemo/radiation - which, from what I've read, doesn't usually help anyway). Poor sweet Molly....

Comment

Working...
            X