These Fleas Won't Go Away!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• These Fleas Won't Go Away!

What's the next step if frontline and extermination doesn't work? I had a cat last week who was INFESTED with fleas. They were everywhere and the owner was dumbfounded since she's an indoor cat. I gave her two baths in Dawn ( I was out of natural chemistry) and after that I didn't see anything moving. Owner had a n exterminator come and said he had some frontline for her. I also told him about getting the new seresto collar and said to use both. He called this morning and said she still has fleas. What's the next step?

Has she vacuumed her home thoroughly? Washed the cat's bedding?

Comment

Not sure about the bedding, but he had an exterminator come in right after I told him Drucilla had fleas. I figured that would hve solved the problem along with the frontline.

Comment

Originally posted by ShampoochPets View Post
        Not sure about the bedding, but he had an exterminator come in right after I told him Drucilla had fleas. I figured that would hve solved the problem along with the frontline.
        generally it takes 3 or 4 treatments to eradicate fleas in a house. AND if he didnt tell the exterminator that he needed treated for fleas they may have done a regular treatment which DOES NOT get rid of fleas. You know, comfortis is labled for cats now. I would use that before anything else.
        <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Revolution!

Comment

Thanks for the advice guys! Turns out he never put the Frontline Plus on the cat.... *shakes head*..... another client that never listens... *sigh*.... I can't win....

Comment

Working...
            X