Who has changed the way they feed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has changed the way they feed

their own dogs after the recent food issues?

I have started AvoDerm wet & dry lamb on my very sensitive skin ones.

I'm still using Purina for about 1/2 the meal, along with lots of semi boiled chicken, wheat breads & rice to round out the rest.

Erica

Not me. The only change I've made is to put Oli on a diet. He's getting FAT.

The boys get California Natural, some pumpkin, yogurt, green beans, carrots. And an egg once in a while, if Whizzy has enough "money".

Comment

Does Whizzy have a piggy bank?

Does he get an allowance. I hear he babysits....does he get paid for it? I went to pet----- and got beef and rice Hundenfl---- blll bllaab.Gold and Avo derm and mixed them together. I like the smell better. The other stuff was nasty and smelled as bad goin in as comin out. Hope these poops smell a lil better. Also hope it helps their flaky skin.

Comment

Switched to Raw

I switched "Zephyr", my Afghan over to Natural Balance Raw Formula

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
          Not me. The only change I've made is to put Oli on a diet. He's getting FAT.

The boys get California Natural, some pumpkin, yogurt, green beans, carrots. And an egg once in a while, if Whizzy has enough "money".
          lol ya like Helly my dog right now just gets less of Royal Canin special 30 cause she was a little chunky hehe

Comment

I started mine out on Eagle Pack Natural a few months before the recalls. Thank God they are not on any recall lists! I used to feed pedigree but I think this is working out great. A little expensive though.
            What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

Nope. Mine has eaten Nutro all her life. The only change was to senior formula.

Comment

I tried to keep mine on fairly natural foods anyways, but the recall reinforced my feelings. I just switched them to Evo a couple days ago. Its too soon to say how they will do on it, but they are ravenous for the stuff. I use dry kibble with canned (rabbit) on top and they act like they haven't eaten in a month. Before, Brenna's attitude when fed was along the lines of: "Oh...Food...I guess I'll eat it." Mollie's attitude, well that hasn't changed, but she's a beagle, she always acts ravenous.

Comment

I switched mine from nutro to Timberwolfe organics! they love it! its the puppy black forest..lamb and apple. no runs or upsets so far, as been a week. and lower stool volume too!

Comment

I had switch my guys to Solid Gold a couple moths before this all happened.

Comment

for you Solid Gold users

I had my dobe on the Solid Gold lamb and rice formula--and oh my gosh!! she had gas so bad you couldn't stay in the room with her!! She goes to work with me everyday and we had to keep an air freshening spray within arms reach!! I swithched her to Natural Balance Salmon and Potatoes and I love it and so does she... no more problems, and I can see a difference in her coat. Do any of you guys have the same problem with the Solid Gold?

Comment

my doberman had trouble with gas on that...no problems with the timberwolfe....and yes, he would run you out of the house! rofl

Comment

Dog food/Real food?

Hi Lab mom.
                          I agree with you on the conspiracy thing. I started cooking for my dogs recently and I can't believe the difference! I like the idea of raw but i haven't been able to find out much about recipes. Can you send me some sites or info that you might have on the subject.
                          I don't trust the dog food companies. I fear that they care much more about the bottom dollar than whether our pets are getting healthy products. There is to much evidence to show this. The most recent being right before my very eyes in my own pets. My old dogs who used to look strained and had trouble getting up and down steps now look 5 yrs younger and bounce up steps. My finicky Basenji who used to turn away in disgust at virtually every food I tried, even foods my other dogs seemed to accept, Now He gets so excited at feeding time he has actually BARKED! [basenjis don't bark as some of you may not know].
                          Cost wise it hasn't really been more expensive than the P Plan I was feeding but I have added some brown rice or oatmeal as the recipes I found called for. These ingredients of course were inexpensive and went a long way.
                          Thanks for your post. I would really like to know more about homemade dog food.
                          Dawnte

Comment

I've had my babies on Eagle pack since day one. I haven't had any reason to change.

Comment

I am ordering a new cook book with recipes for dishes you can share with your dog. "Natural Food Recipes for Healthy Dogs" its a new edition available through naturaldogfood.com. We have always fed our dog this way, fixing our plates and the dog's at the same time. Of course, she gobbles hers and heads to the table to beg but we don't mind ... she get a little more there too. She gets NO junk food but then we don't eat much either. On the occasions that she can't eat what we are having, she gets Canidae. Many people are shocked by this type of feeding but we have one of the rare Pugs that is lean, strong and all muscle ... no lie! I tell people I supplement the dog's diet with dog food! LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X