Mole Clusters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mole Clusters

I can't remember ever running into this before...A dog I groom developed a cluster of raised, dark blackish moles under an armpit. The cluster is maybe 2 or 3 inches wide, and hangs maybe 1 inch out from the body. The dog is groomed about every 4 months and the cluster developed sometime in that period. The owner was pretty concerned. Anyone ever see this or know if these tend to be cancerous?

is the dog black

Comment

Originally posted by k9cosmetologist View Post
      is the dog black
      No - Airedale.

Comment

It sounds like it may be a melanoma. Have it checked by a vet.

Comment

melanoma is what I was thinking too, quick care can extent life with new treatments

Comment

Black skin growths should always be evaluated by a vet. Yes, it could be melanoma, but there are other types of growths than can be black, some benign, some not so benign.

Here's hoping it's just hyperpigmented skin tags.

Comment

Melanoma was my concern also. Was hoping someone has seen something similar that turned out benign.

Comment

Originally posted by D'tails View Post
                Melanoma was my concern also. Was hoping someone has seen something similar that turned out benign.
                Yes. Hyperpigmented skin tags and hemagiomas to name a couple. Be careful though. If it turns out to be hemangiomas, those suckers bleed like crazy if you burst or nick one.

Comment

Working...
                X