Gelatinous Vomit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gelatinous Vomit?

Okay, I've seen some interesting vomit in my days but the Papillon in my care is vomiting up a weird substance. It looks like a wet cotton ball and it is gelatinous. I know it isn't a cotton ball; I actually picked it up and held it. He's tossed up three such "balls" so far here.

No visible blood or bile or anything coloured in it. Just this frothy jello-like substance.

Anyone have any ideas? We don't have 24 hour clinics here so unless he seriously goes downhill fast its a wait and see situation.

He has no health issues to speak of although he hasn't eaten since he arrived last night.

Stephen: I cannot diagnose your situation but I can say the same thing happened to my Cattle Dog and it was pancreatitis and treatable.

is it seriously a ball of cotton? Or just foamy wet mucous?

Comment

It was a ball of foamy mucous, but it held itself together perfectly, like a cotton ball. It must have been from not eating; I kept him on just water for the rest of the night, fed a little bit in the morning, then a little in the afternoon and by nighttime he seemed fine.

Poor little Oliver.

I had just never seen that consistency of vomit!

Comment

Working...
      X